Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if NGK Iridium spark plugs (CR9EIX) will work with my 2000 R6? On the NGK website it doesn't have the 2000 r6 as an option but does list the 2001, I didn't know if there was a difference in the spark plugs used between those two years.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
they fit but they are not as good of a plug. the only thing about an iridium plug is it lasts longer.
the electrode design of the CR9EK and CR10Ek plug is more "race" orented I was told by NGK when I emailed them about using the iridium plug. the recommended to me to stick with the CR10EK.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so go with what is recommenced then. I've heard spotted reports of HP increases from iridium plugs, but they could just be all in the head stuff

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the plug gap is different between the suggested CR9EK and CR10Ek plugs and the iridium plugs. I dont' know what plug gap means and how it affects things. Anyone care to explain?

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
I use the iridiums - CR10EIX. They make me happier, must admit. They don't foul as easily, idle is more stable, response is quicker (IMO). As for power - I noted less than 2hp increase (dyno) so it's not the decision maker. For me I use these because they stay clean, even when I'm ready to change them they look like they could be good to go for another season, and they keep my idle steadier than the standards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts