Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm... I'm probably going to get flamed for this. *flame suit on....

Does anyone else have trouble following speed limits? I mean, I have gotten to the point where I don't use the bike to commute to work because I can't ride 50mph on the commute which is a nice twisty highway. I don't do anything stupid, if I can't pass I won't do anything retarded etc...

I've never been pulled over for speeding on the bike, but honestly I don't have fun riding at 50mph, and I feel like I don't concentrate as well on my surroundings..

Obviously weekend rides your going to speed through your favorite roads/canyon/mountain but does anyone else have this problem?

Just to clarify, it's not me going fast to go fast like those idiots weaving in traffic at 120mph, but if I have open highway in front I can't stand to go 50-60mph for more than 15 minutes.

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
I know the flames are coming, but yes. I do understand where you're coming from. All I'm gonna say lol...
*hopes he doesnt get in the way of gun fire*

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the flames are coming, but yes. I do understand where you're coming from.
I'm sure most of us feel the same way, which is why many have gone track only. For now the bike comes out to play on weekends. That's why I'm just not taking it to work, it gets frustrating being behind a car going 50mph. For me riding is about fun.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
EVERYONE on here will relate in some way shape and form...:fact

·
You wanna touch my what?
1,307 Posts
I'm a fan of about 15-20 over--it's not speeding, it's making good time! And for some reason--I can't even remember the last time I got a ticket...As I've always said--you gotta pay to play...fish sticks should be their own food group.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
I'm a fan of about 15-20 over--it's not speeding, it's making good time! And for some reason--I can't even remember the last time I got a ticket...As I've always said--you gotta pay to play...fish sticks should be their own food group.
I agree with this last statment...

·
You wanna touch my what?
1,307 Posts
I agree with this last statment...
As you should..you get funding for clip ons yet? I see tons for sale on WERA and BARF--I'd roll the Renthal ones if I had the dough..I like the fact they're pre-marked..I love your body--Post me some bear love.

·
2,121 Posts
The highway speed limit is 60...Everyone here does like 80-85 lol... So technically yea its speeding but in all honesty I justify it with going with the flow of traffic. Im the city Ill usally cruise 5 over no matter what Im driving...

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
I'm with you on this one, I have a hard time following the speed limit a little. I don't go insanely fast but just with the flow of traffic. On the freeways I followed the fast lane, I can't stand the exit lanes because of the merges, and slow speed. The middle lane sucks because someone merges on to you from either side so the fast/pass lane is the way to go.

I've never had any speeding tickets, only had one ticket for running a red.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
I usually go at or a little above. It all depends on flow of traffic. In the highway, I tend to go a little faster than everyone else, unless the road is empty then its a 50/50 shot.

·
Track Aficionado
1,184 Posts
The highway speed limit is 60...Everyone here does like 80-85 lol... So technically yea its speeding but in all honesty I justify it with going with the flow of traffic. Im the city Ill usally cruise 5 over no matter what Im driving...
On a bike, it's dangerous motoring within a cluster of cages, so the goal should be to move ahead of the flow of traffic. Personally, that's what I do, be it on the street or freeway.

Drop a gear, split a lane, and disappear.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I can't do the speed limit either! When I first got my bike I thought the speedo was off because 50 felt like thirty. It wasn't till a cop told me my speedo was correct that I realized how fast I was going ha

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Hmmm... I'm probably going to get flamed for this. *flame suit on....

Does anyone else have trouble following speed limits? I mean, I have gotten to the point where I don't use the bike to commute to work because I can't ride 50mph on the commute which is a nice twisty highway. I don't do anything stupid, if I can't pass I won't do anything retarded etc...

I've never been pulled over for speeding on the bike, but honestly I don't have fun riding at 50mph, and I feel like I don't concentrate as well on my surroundings..

Obviously weekend rides your going to speed through your favorite roads/canyon/mountain but does anyone else have this problem?

Just to clarify, it's not me going fast to go fast like those idiots weaving in traffic at 120mph, but if I have open highway in front I can't stand to go 50-60mph for more than 15 minutes.
:eek5 you flamed me earlier for getting a ticket, and not driving safe and blah blah blah...
:lmao but im right there with yeah bro :sing
avoid a ticket, and make sure you drive stupid, smart. :rolleyes:

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
As you should..you get funding for clip ons yet? I see tons for sale on WERA and BARF--I'd roll the Renthal ones if I had the dough..I like the fact they're pre-marked..I love your body--Post me some bear love.
buy my Tires so I can buy some Clip Ons, Its a toss up on those or woodcraft.....I can get both for a good deal :fact And I too like the Markings....but 40 bucks to replace those markings in the event of a crash.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is me.

·
2,121 Posts
On a bike, it's dangerous motoring within a cluster of cages, so the goal should be to move ahead of the flow of traffic. Personally, that's what I do, be it on the street or freeway.

Drop a gear, split a lane, and disappear.
I only split when theres heavy traffic thats going slow. I dont stay in the cluster but cruise the fast lane with the others and try to have an exit route or a plan for what I would do

1 - 20 of 58 Posts