Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
other than the 520 conversion....what other relatively inexpensive (<$500)ways are there to add more hp to your bike? I know you can get a Full Ehaust vs. slip on...but that can run almost $1K.

Thanks...

Chuck

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
chuckles,

new air filter, power commander, velocity stacks, slide stops, ignition advancer, and nice dyno tuned custom map for all your mods for your PCIII......

caught the speed bug have we?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It also depends on what type of performance you want. Low end, top end, full range, etc.
I'm looking to get my heads worked. ported, polished, milled, etc.
Also going to look into getting mapped injectors. I want low end power. I have no use to make the bike faster on the top. 155 is plenty fast.

·
Registered
408 Posts
tex I wa shtinking of getting my injectors done by facttory pro have you heard anything about this beside there website and let us know what happens with your head I wanted to do it to but cant find a good shop I trust to do it

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
tex I wa shtinking of getting my injectors done by facttory pro have you heard anything about this beside there website and let us know what happens with your head I wanted to do it to but cant find a good shop I trust to do it
I haven't seen anyone in person who has this done, so all I have to go by is the website.
And Southwest Superbikes will be doing my headwork here in Dallas. I'll let you know what the dyno looks like when I'm finished.

·
Registered
30 Posts
what do you mean "keep the chain that way". i dont know much about bikes except for how to ride them..lol. i know a little about the sprockets but i didnt know weather to go up or down to get more torque....but thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
gcofieldd said:
Change your sprockets to get more torque, I am about to go down one and up 3 in the back, should be able to keep the chain that way.
I have 1dn in front and 2up in back...uses the stock chain length (although I had to screw in the adjusters quite a bit from stock) making my wheelbase a tad shorter (a few mms)

Changing the sprockets does not produce more torque it just affects how quickly the engine revs into the powerband.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you just go up in the back it will produce more torque at the slightly higher rpm. If you go up in the back and down in the front that changes things more. Well anyway it produces more torque I could sit here and explain the math to you but I don't feel like it. The engine produces more torpque in a certain rpm range and changing you sprockets helps you get there at the sacrifice of speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.