Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to thinking--and forgive me if it's elsewhere on this forum--I couldn't find any: There are organizations like speedtraps.org. Why don't we post on this forum speed traps we observe (or have been a victim of)?

Let me start. Yesterday I was at Los Angeles High School on Olympic Blvd. as I met up with a friend there who's a teacher. It's obviously in a school zone, but school doesn't start until next week.

I often use transit, and that afternoon I waited for the bus, in front of the school, as I was heading back to Downtown L.A. Along Olympic Blvd., on the north side, is a street that's across the school (Mullen Ave.), by a park, east of Rimpau Blvd.

An LAPD motorcycle cop was hiding by a large tree--if heading west, too late by the time you spot him, and if heading east you'd unlikely see him in time thanks to that tree. (You've seen them: Radar gun, funny mustache; obviously compensating for his insecurities about, shall we say, not measuring up.)

I was waiting for the bus no longer than 10 minutes. In that time he pulled over a silver Honda Civic, and as my bus was coming, here he was again heading back to his little hiding spot on Mullen Ave. to nail another victim.

It's no secret that more and more municipalities (definitely Los Angeles) are getting more aggressive about ticketing, and some are no longer allowing that 10+/- miles per hour buffer zone over the posted limit. Cities are going bankrupt. Here in Long Beach there's talk of police officer layoffs. Boo hoo hoo. In my area (Eastside), they pull over people on Pacific Coast Hwy. and E. Anaheim St. for anything and everything, but break the same law in Bixby Knolls or California Heights or Naples or Belmont Shore and you'll get away with it. Cops know better than to F with wealthy influential people in "nice neighborhoods."

Anyway, here's my official speed trap notice:

Olympic Blvd. between Crenshaw and Rimpau Blvds. 35 mph posted, but how often I've been at 45 or 50 and not even keeping up with anyone. It's a wide multi-lane boulevard--and my guess the school zone adds to the fine (even though school isn't yet in session).

Let's see your observed speed traps--add them to this list.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
My guess is that just like you and I are members of at least 1 forum, cops are also members of the same forum, not to mention they probably also visit such sites listing speedtrap locations. Once a location is listed, all they'd need to do is move to a location before or after, said location. That and, at least around here, unmarked cop cars aren't just impalas, chargers, and crown vics.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
If you do the crime, man up and take the fine:fact

1 - 4 of 4 Posts