Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cuss well i got a speeding ticket last week. first one on a motorcycle. cop wrote me for 99mph in a 40mph zone. no i wasn't going exactly 99mph but better than getting my bike impounded or going to jail. its a sad day for me, now i have to sell my brand new exhaust to pay for the ticket. just bought wolf racing undertail exhaust (less than 100 miles on the bike) need to sell. paid $1200 for the exhaust shipped to my door. asking $900 buyer pays shipping. i would post this in the classified but i have not yet made fifty post. exhaust is on ebay- surch under wolf racing. this is my only option besides selling my bike.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
dam man that sucks. u cant sell something else to make the money up so you dont hae to get rid of the wolf exhaust. cause after paying for somethin that new i would do whatever i could to keep it :cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
That sucks. Not sure about courts in your area, but when I got my ticket they offered me a payment plan. Maybe an option if you go to court.

Just an idea so you can keep that new exhaust.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
damn thats shitty as ****...if i was you i'd just be workin my ass off...there is no way i would give up my shit...

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I usually get that :throwup feeling when crap like that happens. I would wait until after court to sell your exhaust. Dress nice, say yes sir, no sir, to the judge, he might be a little forgiving.

Sorry to hear about your impending loss.

·
Registered
6 Posts
damn thats shitty man, one time I got pulled over by a cop and i went stright forward with what i did "Sir i was being an asshole" and he let me go, but it was luck i guess.

·
Registered
953 Posts
99 in a 40? HOLY HELL MAN! yeah tickets suck. just wait until your insurance gets a hold of that ticket record. best of luck to ya. probably be in your best interest to watch your speeds a little more riding around on main streets. *SPLAT*

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I did something like that also. When the officer approached, I was very polite, and he asked me if I knew how fast I was going. I told him, I'm not sure, but I know I was going faster than I should have been. I also told him I appriciate you keeping me in line, because sometimes I lose track of how fast I'm going.
He still gave me a ticket, but he reduced the speed down the the lesser penalty category.
It pays to be nice to them, especially when you know you were speeding.

I hope you can find a way to get around selling your exhaust.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
And, yea Cdemon makes a good point. 99 in a 40 is a little out of control don't you think?

I hate to add insult to injury, but damn I'd like to see you live a long happy life on your R6.

·
Registered
118 Posts
TexasR6 said:
He still gave me a ticket, but he reduced the speed down the the lesser penalty category.
It pays to be nice to them, especially when you know you were speeding.
I second that, got pulled over two nights ago for 36 in a 20 and no tag light....got 2 verbal warnings

it also pays to be a crimal justice major at the university the cop is working for :laugh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts