Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2006 r6, guy said he put a chain sprocket on like the 520 conversion. I think he said down 2 in back up one in front. Any way i bought it with 10,000 miles, started riding home tonight notices mileage said 25,000 and speedo was acting all crazy, i was in firs tgear it said i was going 100mph
Any thoughts? what casue this? Fixes?

·
Registered
316 Posts
get a speedohealer. Not sue why your mileage would go up like that.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
speedohealer from tobefast.com

·
Make 'Em Hate It!
208 Posts
Just bought a new 2006 r6, guy said he put a chain sprocket on like the 520 conversion. I think he said down 2 in back up one in front. Any way i bought it with 10,000 miles, started riding home tonight notices mileage said 25,000 and speedo was acting all crazy, i was in firs tgear it said i was going 100mph
Any thoughts? what casue this? Fixes?
Dude, I just got an 08 R6 and I went riding one daty and mine said 222 miles. I got out the road after pushing on my dials to see how many miles was on my tank of gas and when it got back to the odometer it had practically doubled. Come to find out I had switched it over to Kilometers per hour. this will also change how fast you are going as well as your mileage. Its an easy fix though, you might wanna see if that might be it.:lmao

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
SPEEDOHEALER! ftw! :nocontrol

·
Registered
998 Posts
Dude, I just got an 08 R6 and I went riding one daty and mine said 222 miles. I got out the road after pushing on my dials to see how many miles was on my tank of gas and when it got back to the odometer it had practically doubled. Come to find out I had switched it over to Kilometers per hour. this will also change how fast you are going as well as your mileage. Its an easy fix though, you might wanna see if that might be it.:lmao
25,000 kilometers is 16,500 miles not 10,000. Are you sure the bike didn't have 25,000 miles on it and you switched it to trip A or B?

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
I think he said down 2 in back up one in front.
its prob -1 front and +2 rear, i've never heard of anyone doing it the other way like your talking about.

25,000 kilometers is 16,500 miles not 10,000. Are you sure the bike didn't have 25,000 miles on it and you switched it to trip A or B?
yeah that one would suck! get a speedo healer or get used to it.

i had -1front and +2 rear, for a year now and haven't goten my healer, its 10-15 mhp over, i will get one eventualy, but for now its easy math and i'm used to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts