Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Patient
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious about the speedo healer. I'm pretty set on getting one but I just had a question about it. I don't have any mods on my bike as of yet. Prolly gonna wait til the end of this year or next year. I know that the bike's speedo is a lil off from the factory, that's the main reason I'm getting a healer. I know for the most part that it's pretty much plug and play. If I decide to change my sprockets after I've installed the healer, do I still have to calibrate the healer according to my gearing or is it automatic? Should I wait til I have my new sprockets put on then install a speedo healer? What's the most ideal way? Does changing the sprockets also affect the type of mileage I'm getting, like will my mileage be accurate?

One last question: I only have a bmc filter on the bike. If I change the sprockets will I need a pcIII or is it only necessary if I add an exhaust(slip on)? Any help or heat is appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
i refuse to answer because i am under the belief that a person with 96 posts knows how to use the search function.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just installed a speedohealer on my bike this weekend. To answer your questions, its an easy install. You calibrate the speedohealer for your current gearing, you would re-calibrate it if you changed the gearing in the future. (re-calibrating is as easy as pushing a few buttons).
When you change the sprockets, your mileage and speedometer will be innacurate without using the speedohealer.
Sprockets would have nothing to do with needing/not needing a PCIII.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
agreed...its on speedohealer's faq as well

Install is cake, did mine a few weeks ago. As for calibrating it, you can do it as many times as you want.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
There is no point in having a speedo healer unless you change the gearing. Even a speedohealer isnt 100% accurate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
would it be cheaper to buy one than just going to a dealership or mechanic and have them calibrate the speedometer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts