Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm finally about to install my speedohealer (been riding with my speedometer off for way too long after a gearing change).
I got a couple quick questions, on an 02 r6, stock gearing is 16 48 right? (i'm 90% sure).
Is there anywhere that clearly shows which power cable to splice into? I'm afraid to mess that one up.
Thanks in advance...

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
I don't think that there is a particular place to find out where to splice in to. But I did an install and write up for the 03-05 bikes, and I spliced mine right into the license plate light power wire. So, when the bike turns on and the plate light is on... (which is all the time) the Speedo healer turns on. If you don't use the plate light wire, you can also use the brake light power wire.

To answer your gearing question too... The answer is Yes.

Cash... I don't think there is a Speedo healer that just "plugs up" to a power source ... I think you pretty much have to find a feed for it no matter which one you buy

I stand corrected... there are "plug and go" versions... I checked it out at calsportbike.com

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses.
When I bought my speedohealer, the only option was the one to splice power supply. I did locate my liscence plate power cable, no problem there. Thanks for confirming my gearing question. I've loved my gearing change (-1, +2). I think i'll be even happier to not have the speedo error!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts