Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone enlighten me on speedohealers. Mainly tell me if installing one be able to correct for my new sprocket conversion (-1+2) on my '06. And also which brands are recommended/where is the best place to buy one. :stupic

·
I'm To Sexy For My Raven
2,709 Posts
You can buy ether the chain and sprockets or the speedohealer at Motomummy.com as Corey has the best price on ether of them and FREE shipping if your in the states.

When I did the -1+2 my speedometer was off by 15 or more %.

With the speedohealer, its dead on....

·
I miss Cali rides :/
1,040 Posts
get the plug and play one. not sure if they still sell the wired type. also, lol im ashamed to admit this...when you disconnect the three prong plug, each end plugs into the 2 connectors on the unit. i spent like half an hour looking for another plug :dunce:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bpar1 said:
Did +2 on my R1 and the healer worked great. good instructions and easy install.
so it corrects your speed and odometer readings?

·
Registered
103 Posts
i dont know anything about this healer, but do tell me how different is the bike to ride with this -1 + 2 conversion. Like whats the pros, and whats the cons. i wouldnt mind more power down low, but i dont want the bike like sitting on 8,000 rpm while ur cruising 100 km/h on the freeway etc. I dont want it to affect my twisties experience.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crazy_R6 said:
i dont know anything about this healer, but do tell me how different is the bike to ride with this -1 + 2 conversion. Like whats the pros, and whats the cons. i wouldnt mind more power down low, but i dont want the bike like sitting on 8,000 rpm while ur cruising 100 km/h on the freeway etc. I dont want it to affect my twisties experience.
well its a tad different than i am used to. It changes the speedometer reading so i cant give you an accurate description on how it affects the rpms. but it does cruise slightly higher not much though. I'd guesstimate that if you were going at about 65-70 mph it would be sitting at about 6000 rpms. when i get the speedohealer ill let you know for sure. The conversion makes the bike a lot more peppy in first. I know if I tried to take off on the stock gearing it would bog down for a second in 1st gear. It reduces that. All together I like it and think it was worth my time. Like i said i can give you a better idea when i get the speedometer corrected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts