Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a motorcycle speedometer is off a bit to true speed. anybody heard of something like this? If I'm going 100 mph indicated, what is my true speed? :comp

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed riding by a few of those radar speed-warning signs around my house and noticed that my speedo was off by -3 to -4 mph. So when I was at the dealer I asked the Head Mechanic and was told that there is a variance of up to 7% of actual versus indicated speed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was driving along side a civic on a 2 lane highway and could see his digital mph readout. His mph was about 3 or 4 higher than mine when traveling around 40-50mph.

Not sure if thats the same on all R6's or not.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I run a Garmin 76C once in a while and I have always had a speedo error. Luckily the speedo reads higher than actual. Must be why I haven't gotten a ticket in the school zones.

22 Posts
I'm pretty sure mine is off, possibly by a little more than 4-5mph. I was riding behind an old lady and keeping pace in dense traffic today and my speedo was reading 90. I've driven that stretch of the 405 in my truck and on other bikes and I'm never going nearly that fast.

Is there a way to get them calibrated?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts