Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finding out it's because your drain plug backed itself out and covered your rear tire and half the track in oil makes you feel like an unpaid intern.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
kevin: zoolander

OP: it happens... be glad you didn't wreck. hopefully it didn't eff up the trackday too much for everyone else.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Oh shit, that fcking blows... At least nobody crashed.

·
Parts Pimp
26,461 Posts

Damn. Did u replace the crush washer on it when u last drained it??

How much of the race line did u shit up? Did a corner worker black flag u right away?

One more reason to run race bodywork :fact

And +1 on safety wiring.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
the CMRA head tech will wire your bike down here for $60. that's cheap enough to get it done even if you're NOT racing. :laugh

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sucks! Safety wire :fact

Yeah, shit was all drilled and ready for it, I was just lazy. I am a dumbass. Ruined the SBK Pro rear I bought off of you too. Got all of about 8 laps in on it. :cuss

Closed down the track for about an hour to get it cleaned up. Nobody went down, including me, or my buddy who was following DIRECTLY behind me. Hopefully the motor is ok too.

It definitely could have been worse, but sucks that it ruined my first day of the season. Was really hoping to get the new bike dialed in before I head out to the Pridmore school at the end of the month.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Damn. Did u replace the crush washer on it when u last drained it??

How much of the race line did u shit up? Did a corner worker black flag u right away?

One more reason to run race bodywork :fact

And +1 on safety wiring.
I got about half way around the track before I got the black flag, but I suspected I was losing oil when I spun it up like crazy getting onto the front straight, and then my left boot got very slippery. The red flag came out right away, and I thought maybe I ran through some oil that someone else dropped, but then I got the black from the next corner worker.

I tried my best to stay off the line since I wasn't sure if it was me or not, but you've inevitably got to go across it at some point.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah it was just a bummer that it happened so early in the day. The track and the weather were absolutely flawless. I hope there's no internal damage. What happened to your buddies exhaust? I was standing there talking with one of the CR and all of the sudden he was all about chasing down your buddy to find out about his exhaust.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
damn, that blows bad...being "that" guy and you'll be labeled that guy everytime you hit the track till the "next" guy :laugh

live and learn, most importantly no one got hurt or any bikes damaged, so continue with what you do and safety wire the drain plug AND the oil filter. K&N oil filters come with a nut on the head pre-drilled for safety wiring, if not, use a hose clamp on any other filter and safety wire that too.

When I went to track at NHMS (new hampshire), the org required you to safety wire them both and if you couldn't do it, they'd help out atleast with the oil filter. That track was notoriously bumpy and would shake loose any loose oil filters.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah it was just a bummer that it happened so early in the day. The track and the weather were absolutely flawless. I hope there's no internal damage. What happened to your buddies exhaust? I was standing there talking with one of the CR and all of the sudden he was all about chasing down your buddy to find out about his exhaust.
Yeah, the nuts that held his exhaust bracket to his tail came loose and the bracket was hanging. We had a bunch of hardware around and get it sorted out.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
I got about half way around the track before I got the black flag, but I suspected I was losing oil when I spun it up like crazy getting onto the front straight, and then my left boot got very slippery. The red flag came out right away, and I thought maybe I ran through some oil that someone else dropped, but then I got the black from the next corner worker.

I tried my best to stay off the line since I wasn't sure if it was me or not, but you've inevitably got to go across it at some point.
Damn, so that's all you were able to get in? Couldn't you fix it and get back on track? Or is a black flag the end of your day entirely?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts