Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
My R6 eats you -->
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was a crazy pass by Herrin in the final turn to get Bostrom. I got a kick out of Herrin pointed out that dood on the yellow bike. Shaking his hand like "thanks for being a nuisance buddy" :lmao I feel bad for Bostrom for getting the short end of the stick, but that's racing some times. Mans got lots of class, didn't sh*t talk Herrin in the interview after the race. Rather yet complemented the kid. Look forward to watchhig these to go at it this season. :popcorn::drink

·
Registered
710 Posts
It was a great race to watch, nice and clean with two R6's at the front, that's a perfect race if you ask me. The rest of the season should be pretty exciting if they both keep it up.

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
I got a kick out of Herrin pointed out that dood on the yellow bike. Shaking his hand like "thanks for being a nuisance buddy" :lmao
:lmao I couldn't tell at first what Herrin was doing. I realized he was giving the lapped rider the thumbs up, then rolled back to shake his hand. That was an awesome race. I agree, props to Bostrom for being a true sport, that's racing.

·
My R6 eats you -->
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lmao I couldn't tell at first what Herrin was doing. I realized he was giving the lapped rider the thumbs up, then rolled back to shake his hand. That was an awesome race. I agree, props to Bostrom for being a true sport, that's racing.
Yea, at first it looked like he was pissed off, and I thought it was Bostrom giving the guy a piece of his mind. Then I saw them shaking hands, and realized it was Herrin :mrgreen:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ben Bostrom has to be the best thing EVER Josh Herrin's career. They push each other to the ragged edge and Ben's always helping Josh out. That kid's gonna be a demon in 3 more years. Weather he'll be stuffing Hayden and Lorenzo is another thing, though...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ben Bostrom has to be the best thing EVER Josh Herrin's career. They push each other to the ragged edge and Ben's always helping Josh out. That kid's gonna be a demon in 3 more years. Weather he'll be stuffing Hayden and Lorenzo is another thing, though...
Give Herrin one more year :D
I got to ride Minis with him at a private track a few times early this year... That KID is just too damn fast and smooth.
Awesome guy to talk to as well :toocool:

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
What do you mean?? Why not?? :dunce:
Because the people who bought AMA racing are changing up the entire classification system and basically (in my opinion) screwing everything up.

·
To the Bat Cave!
4,113 Posts
I was at that turn for the race! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera out, at that point I was just enjoying it from the side, but it was freaking awesome.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Because the people who bought AMA racing are changing up the entire classification system and basically (in my opinion) screwing everything up.
How can they get rid of supersport? Before the race the announcers were going on and on about how important that class is for the manufacturers and their street bike sales. Any information on what the changes will be?

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
The rule changes have been announced. I can't remember all of the details, but they're probably posted on the AMA website or something.

·
Registered
710 Posts
http://www.amasuperbike.com/article.php?UID=MHCuzQy7i8JubTst4CILpVegdr4SzN&aid=11382

Found the article, and to Daytona Motorsports Group I'd just like to say :321 and seriously :wtf

Apparently Formula Xtreme and Supersport are both gone, and in there place we get Moto-ST with a bunch of twins racing (not the good kind of twins), and a specialty class such as Red Bull Rookies :sleeping

This new direction that they're going in SUCKS!

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
That's ****in' gay!! :flaming

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
http://www.amasuperbike.com/article.php?UID=MHCuzQy7i8JubTst4CILpVegdr4SzN&aid=11382

Found the article, and to Daytona Motorsports Group I'd just like to say :321 and seriously :wtf

Apparently Formula Xtreme and Supersport are both gone, and in there place we get Moto-ST with a bunch of twins racing (not the good kind of twins), and a specialty class such as Red Bull Rookies :sleeping

This new direction that they're going in SUCKS!
Just read the article. That's pretty lame. SS, IMO anyway, is the most exciting class to watch. Why the hell would they take it and Formula Xtreme and "combine" them. What was wrong with the way it's been?? Why fix shit that ain't broken?? :werd

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just read the article. That's pretty lame. SS, IMO anyway, is the most exciting class to watch. Why the hell would they take it and Formula Xtreme and "combine" them. What was wrong with the way it's been?? Why fix shit that ain't broken?? :werd
i dont think id go as far as saying its not broken. what are the ratings for an ama event? they dont even show the superstock event live do they?? at barber last weekend there were how many people there? 50,000 for the weekend?? now look at nascar, 200,000? plus all the tv coverage they get? yeah it sucks but its a blessing in disguise i think. a decent amount of changes for a LOT more airtime. 130 horse 600 class on spec tires will definately put alot more onto the rider instead of a marginal rider on a high dollar bike cleaning house. on the downside, some manufacturers will want nothing to do with a superstock-less AMA series :)secret suzuki :secret)

anyway, this is just kinda the vibe ive been getting from the paddocks

·
Registered
96 Posts
damn i love the mountain man beard DiSalvos rockin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts