Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. It's been a while since I've been around. But figured there was still tons of knowledge here.

I was curious about sport utility vehicles like Polaris RZRs, Yamaha YZX etc...

I'll break my questions into little segments so quotes will be easier. :thumbsup

What's peoples take on them? Pretty fun?

They're pretty damn pricey, just as much as some cars. i was thinking of getting used for sure. But I didn't have any knowledge on what to look for.

Like specific years were the best, years to avoid or had some major issues, or a refreshment. Kind of like the R6 where people say 08/09 were pretty good years compared to the others.

What's the mileage like for these vehicles? I know they'll be run hard and the engine will be worked for the most part.

I only have been looking at Polaris for used. I haven't seen any Yamaha's due to it being pretty new. Looking at the 1000XP but hot damn still some coin.

Any replies would be appreciated. Feel free to post pics and vids.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
My buddy got the top of the line can am and it's been nothing but problems. I don't know much about them but I'd stay away from the can am lol

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Id be interested in getting a Yamaha, but I'm sure there aren't any used in the price range I'm looking at.

I was looking at Polaris brand RZR. 1000XP, due to the dunes around me. Just wanted some insight on the stuff.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dirt bike can go anywhere a side by side can go, but not vice-versa. :fact

I know what you mean. I shoulda clarified. Tryna do something new. I like the car aspect, rock crawling, hauling ass of the sport utvs. Ive got a pit bike already.

Dirt bikes are fun for sure, which would lead me into, what are some of the reasons that led people to buy their sport utv? Such as the YXZ, RZR, etc..

·
Horsepower Whisperer
617 Posts
I'm sure the rzr is a fine machine but I doubt you'll be finding an affordable example. What's your budget?
A guy at work bought a new one a few years ago. It was like $18k! :surprise:

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure the rzr is a fine machine but I doubt you'll be finding an affordable example. What's your budget?
A guy at work bought a new one a few years ago. It was like $18k! :surprise:
Going the used route for sure. It's like I'd be buying a track bike, I'd buy used for sure, one that's fully built.

New is great for these things, but you're correct, price is up there. I went to check them out today. Not bad.

The 1000XP RZR was bigger than the 900 RZR, not just in engine but overall.

The Yamaha was sexy, (biased) but I didn't even want to look because they will all be new. haha.

·
Horsepower Whisperer
617 Posts
I assumed you were looking used. I'm just curious how low the price could go for a used one since they are nearing $20k new.
I can't imagine a nice used example dropping in price more that 25%. So you'd still be paying over $13-$14k...

You can buy one awesomely setup Jeep for that. :wink:

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I assumed you were looking used. I'm just curious how low the price could go for a used one since they are nearing $20k new.
I can't imagine a nice used example dropping in price more that 25%. So you'd still be paying over $13-$14k...

Or like 5 dirt bikes... :sing

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

there are some 2012-2014 for 15k. that's about as much as I'm gonna pay for one. lower the better, but we will see. looking for a two seater.

Or like 5 dirt bikes... :sing
but if i go hunting, i can't put anything behind me on a dirt bike. hahaha. at least with this i can take it with me.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
there are some 2012-2014 for 15k. that's about as much as I'm gonna pay for one. lower the better, but we will see. looking for a two seater.

but if i go hunting, i can't put anything behind me on a dirt bike. hahaha. at least with this i can take it with me.
Get some tow straps! You can totally haul an animal out with a dirt bike! :)

Yeah, maybe not so practical for that. But it'd be awfully fun to try.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Get some tow straps! You can totally haul an animal out with a dirt bike! :)

Yeah, maybe not so practical for that. But it'd be awfully fun to try.
haha.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Yxz is still new enough not a lot is known about them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts