Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will NEVER order from either of these 2 companies again and will gladly try to advise anyone who will listen to do the same. I found sportbike creations because they were the first company that i found on a google search that had the CA tail light and the tag bracket I wanted and had competetive prices. After my order was placed it took me almost two weeks to finally talk to someone at sportbike creations and ask when I might expect to see my parts. Mind you, throughout this whole ordeal I was never short or discourteous to anyone I spoke with and it's not like this took place over a holiday break. Every time I call SC it went to answering machine and it was full so I couldn't even leave a message. Once I finally spoke to someone the buck was passed and they told me to call clear alternatives, upon doing so the inform me that "oh, that tail light is on backorder, you're looking at probably 4 weeks our"..... WTF!!! No one could have told me this up front? Fine whatever I'll wait because I have no other choice. So I wait and wait, and everytime the "deadline" for CA shipment is supposed to be in I call them for an update and they push me off at LEAST another week.

Bottom line, it took 49 days from the day I ordered the tail light to the day it was shipped. But on the (barely) bright side, it is a pretty good product, although it has jack for instructions and I manage to break two of the little push-in clips that hold the fairings on.

I hope this sways someone or better yet encourages one of these companies to MAYBE inform the consumer up front if they'd just be better off waiting for a new bike to come out that already has the tail light they want on it. Hopefully one day I am able to "drop by" one of these shops and piss on their floor.

Good day

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
What year is your bike? 08, maybe? They had to do a redesign on the 08 taillights, cause the lines were a little different than the 06-07. That caused them to be backordered as everyone was wanting them and waiting for them to be made.

Sportbike creations, I've never used them, and probably never will. I got my CA taillight from motomummy. I've used them a lot and never had any problems. Thanks for the heads-up though on sportbike creations.

How did you break the push clips? Mine have all come out pretty easy.... at least once I figured out the trick to them: push in the center (not all the way through) and lift the whole clip out. Then when reinstalling, use a pocket screwdriver or something to make it so the center is popped out instead of in. Insert the clip and press the center piece in flush. It's worked for me, hopefully it'll help you in the future...... if we're talking about the same type of clips anyway.

:popcorn:

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bike is an 07 actually. I ended up figuring out how to get the clips off, but there were a couple fatalities in the process..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts