Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
If I wet sand the paint with 1000/1500 will the clear coat bring out a polished finish to the paint or does that dull finish need to be polished before applying the clear?

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
If I wet sand the paint with 1000/1500 will the clear coat bring out a polished finish to the paint or does that dull finish need to be polished before applying the clear?
yeah the paint will be flat and the clear will be a high gloss. that's normal.

are you using spray paint from a rattle can? if yes, this is not going to hold up long term anyway. you may get a few months before it peels etc.
you can buy real automotive paint and have the store put it in spray cans. but clear coating spray can paint is a waste of time.

you should do a little more research on the subject. find a local automotive paint store. they will have the documentation for the paints they sell. these usually have instructions on them. real automotive paint holds up 100% better. the rattle can home depot paint will still be ruined if you spill fuel on it. real automotive paint will not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My rustoleum rattle can matte paint job still looks good after sitting outside 3 months and after 9 months of having it on there there’s no peeling no fading I wash it excessively.. but this has nothing to do with gloss I just wanted to show what you get with $20 of spray paint and $10 for tape, plastic, sand paper and whatever else you need.. i get complimented every ride for $30

Attachments

61 - 65 of 65 Posts