Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Go Fast or Go Home
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok before anyone starts bashing me about making this thread i shall let you know i just got done reading the whole stickied sprocket and chain thread. Im just wanting to ask a couple quesitons.
First of all i am wanting to know what is the best pitch to go with in the front and rear on my 2000 R6
And also what outcomes will i get with those changes and what brands does everyone recommend?

Bryant

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
what brands?? come on man, there are a thousand "what chain/sprocket" threads.. you get what you pay for. Cheap is cheap, expensive is better stuff. steel lasts longer but more weight.

Pitch, you must have the same front AND rear. a 530 is what came on the earlier r6, kind of heavy as it's wider. The newer gen comes with a 525 pitch. little less wide. Everyone racing runs a 520 pitch, and is typically what people buy for street as well when converting as it is considerably lighter than a 530 setup. But you must run ALL the same .. 520 chain, 520 sprockets.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Learn to use the search function so you dont get flamed. Then buy renthal sprockets and a did chain. Vortex, driven, etc are all good brands.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
520 pitch/weight.

just get this one... best quality steel you can get, and only 7oz heavier than the aluminum offered from others. last kit you'll buy, and STUPID cheap. $149 shipped for EVERYTHING. i run this on my trackbike. :fact it's money!

*and i don't work for superbikesupply. i just don't like seeing people spend more money on things than necessary.

http://www.superbikesupply.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SBS&Product_Code=drive-systems-520-yamaha&Category_Code=520-conversion-yamaha

·
Go Fast or Go Home
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
520 pitch/weight.

just get this one... best quality steel you can get, and only 7oz heavier than the aluminum offered from others. last kit you'll buy, and STUPID cheap. $149 shipped for EVERYTHING. i run this on my trackbike. :fact it's money!

*and i don't work for superbikesupply. i just don't like seeing people spend more money on things than necessary.

http://www.superbikesupply.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SBS&Product_Code=drive-systems-520-yamaha&Category_Code=520-conversion-yamaha

I like that kit... Also what front and rear sprockets do i choose? i dont know which number to select :D

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
i went -1/+1 and think it's a good final gear ratio for me and my riding style. MOST people go -1/+2 or either -1/0. call brad or mary over there, and they should be able to help you out. i'm not sure on stock tooth count. sorry man. i know the second gen r6 is 16/48 stock, third gen is 16/45 stock. i'm pretty sure the front on yours is 16 stock, but not sure on the rear.

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
I can do the EK chains DIRT cheap and the DID ERV3 I can match the online best price at everyone's favorite place.. I don't have hundreds of color options or anything tho... And we can sell by the foot or by the link on a lot of chains too OP. For sprockets, I can get em thru someone else. Lemme know if you would like pricing

Currently I run the EKMVXZ on my 02 and LOVE it.

:popcorn:

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
PM replied OP.

The gold 520 EK MVXZ chain cut to 120 links I can blow everyone's prices away on guys. Keep me in mind. I'm not here to get rich like other companies. And since it's custom cut, I can do 118, 116 links, etc and save you even more.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Chief for pres.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
can you beat $83.50 shipped for 120 links?
Where did you find this deal? I'm trying to decide if I want a new chain or to use my old chain with lowww miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts