Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the best aftermarket sprockets and chain so that I can get some help on the low end. Not worried about top end. I just wanna kinda build a wheelie machine. haha. Opinions are welcome. Thanks guys.

Dallas

·
Registered
1 Posts
520 Converstion Kit

I also have a '04 R6 and I am debating on the 520 conversion kit. I have found a few places that sell the RK Vortex kit from anywhere from $129.99 to $149.99. It sets you up with the 15/50 and comes with the chain. I thought for the money that this would probably be the best upgrade for my bike since I don't go on the interstate that often, and want more low end power for acceleration. The only thing I am worried about is the hidden after effects like speedo reading, mileage reading, etc. I have heard from several forums that you will most likely need a speedo healer to fix these issues (another $90 or so). So this upgrade is likely to cost at least $220+ with shipping and handling. I thought this was going to be a fairly cheap upgrade, but I would hate to spend the $130 for the 520 conversion kit only to find out I definately need to spend another $90 on the speedo healer, and who knows what else. Is there anyone out there who has done this conversion and who could explain exactly what is required and what side effects that will happen due to this conversion? I am trying to add in some new mods for my R6 for this summer. I already ordered the Micron black to blue fade high mount exhaust which will make it look sweet and sound better ($420 upgrade) and I just ordered a front and back bike stand, so now I can get it off the ground to take the tires off. So now that I am capable of doing an upgrade like the 520 conversion, is it worth the $$?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yup 520 conversion down 1 in the front makes the 6 a wheelie machine and well worth the $$$. I wouldn't go any more radical if you do highway driving at 90mph. It takes pretty high on hwy now. This mod makes 4th, 5th, and 6th gear do something. Yes, you will need a spedo healer, but I didn't buy one. If I could do it again, I would buy steel sprockets because I like to wheelie. The aluminum is lighter, but not as durable.

·
Registered
370 Posts
go to indysuperbike.com they sell a sprocket called the side winder. its base is aluminum and its teeth are steel its very very light and very very durrable. they have a life time warrentee. they are a little price though thats the one ill be getting.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
try the site sponsor :) www.tobefast.com Tell Shane to hook ya up!

I just did the 520 15/50 conversion. but the bike is still apart, so no road test yet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts