Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 yamaha r6 i have changed the oil,oil filter, spark plugs, put the best gas in it and changed the gas filter and it seem to sputter at about 2000rpms i let the bikewarm up to about 130-145 before i ride it? is there anything else i can check or do? i mean the sputtering is not that bad but i can tell it kind of feels likea "mis" somewhere:werd

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what was the problem and do you thing i should replace all the coils i mean the sputter is not bad but like i said i and everyone i let ride my bike notices it

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea like i said its not major sputtering it is just noticeable and id like to take care or it before it gets real bad....... but if it was a coil pack wouldnt it run like s*** most of the time.... i dont know s*** is weird

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and if i try to hold it at 2000 rpm u hear it like "mis" this is my first bike im new to this bike has 15,175 miles on it

·
Registered
333 Posts
carbs need cleaned and most likely rejetted if you have any mods (air filter, exhaust, exhaust)

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
carbs need cleaned and most likely rejetted if you have any mods (air filter, exhaust, exhaust)
+1 on the cleaning, but the jet kit has nothing to do with the bike at 2000 RPMS. That's 100% controlled by the pilot jets. So you'd wanna pull em and clean em, and if you have any mods like the above mentioned, you're gonna want to drill out the mixtrure screw caps and back them out accordingly.

The link in my signature has some pics and info on what to expect. It's a PIA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts