Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New pads - check
SS lines - TBD???

Recommendations on brake line brand please? (I hear not so good things about Galfer from local racers, so I thought I'd ask a wider audience)

Thanks!

·
Atom Smasher
862 Posts
I have Galfer lines and haven't had any trouble with them.

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some problems with fit and finish, one rider had brake bubble out under the clear coating... There are other options when it comes to lines out there, but Galfer seemed like a pretty reputable manufacturer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Goodridge makes a new system that only uses 1 banjo on the master then it "Ts" off to both calipers, I haven't used them yet but I've heard very good things. It's similar to what most factory teams uses minus the quick disconnects.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Never had an issue with my Galfer lines. I hear good things about goodridge, too.

You REALLY need to consider them, especially if you're going to the track, probably more important than the pads.

Case n' point: A good friend was at Talledega GP a few weeks ago, lowsided in a ocrner from losing his front brakes. didn't get a chance to throw the SS lines on yet, but you can bet he will before he heads back out.

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where would one go to purchase an assortment of fine brake lines? :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have galfers and have no complaints. my bro just got some goodridge (used) lines off of ebay for cheap and don't have any issues with those either

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about SS vs. carbon fiber lines? There are Goodridge CF lines on motomumy...

·
Registered
406 Posts
sounds like it's just a "looks" thing. For the pressures you'd be applying to those lines, SS lines should be fine.

+1 to the guy that said "first mod I ever do"..., so often overlooked, but true in my opinion. Brakes, suspension, and seat-time will make you a better rider astronomically over going for more power.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought the Galfer lines for 79 bucks on Ebay. The fell is great compared to stock. Track day is Monday so I'll have a chance to see the real difference. It's my first track day. Wish me luck!

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good luck! What track?
I picked up a set of CF Goodridge lines today, will see how well they work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts