Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone ever buy just some SS tubing and buy some correct fittings and create there own brake lines??just wondering if this is possible??or is it possible to just buy the SS tubing to go over the stock brake lines??

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
It's not the stainless braiding (or Kevlar or carbon) that prevents volumetric expansion of the brake lines. It's the PFTE tubing underneath that does this... :fact

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
not only that, you should consider this:

Do you really want to put your life on the line for some brakelines that you made after a couple of beers? Or even no beers? Brake lines are reasonably cheap and have the R&D already done, so they work for sure. I suggest the galfers or the Goodridge -2's...I have had excellent luck with both, but the nod goes to the Goodridge for the nice firm lever and excellent feel. I think that they increase the pressure due to the microbore line or some crap like that. They are kinda spendy, around $175-200 for the set of fronts, but they are stellar.

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
dash 2's are great, but not everyone likes them. No doubt, Goodridge is among the best. I'm a big fan of the Fren Tubo Carbon lines with Ti fittings and Ti banjo bolts made by Poggipolini.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Yeah, my buddy has those on his Gixxer 1000 and they are sweet, but then, I am a big fat puss when it comes to throwing someone else's gixxer 1000 at a track corner and trying to pull some late braking action... I think that i will be adding the dash 2s to my 08 r6 this next paycheck. I loved them on my Kawi till that thing turned into a drag queen...he he...drag queen... I love bagging my kawi.

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the advice!!!!!!i think i will be doing this to my bike during the winter time!!!

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
where do you go for things like this?
Anyone who sells Goodridge (I think Tucker Rocky is a/the distributor) should be able to get you dash 2 lines. My buddy is very tight with Fren Tubo. :lmao he was wearing one of their carbon/Ti lines as a necklace at the EICMA show in Milan. if you want, PM me and I'll give you his info.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Dennis kirk has this stuff too, but its always best to get in good with a local shop...get them discounts and take stuff back rather than send it back....

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Dennis Kirk doesn't carry Fren Tubo. BTW, Goodridge Carboline only LOOKS LIKE carbon... Fren Tubo Carbonio is a true carbon weave around their PFTE racing brake line, and they are the only company that is currently offering titanium fittings.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Yeah, that is true. I only like the dash 2s due to the nice solid lever feel. I like a stiff lever (uh huh huh huh, you said stiff lever, uh huh huh huh). I havent tried the Fren Tubo units, but I am not opposed to it. Love that titanium...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts