Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
those of you that have GPR stabilizers what number setting do you keep it set at for street??? and for track???

those of you who have other dampers? how tight or how lose do you keep it for street and track???

i was reading a thread on here last night (Suspension setup!!) and once someone mentioned stabilizers i made this comment...
i like the my GPR stabilizer just for tighter steering, i hate that loosey goosey stock steering. i like it nice and tight! i keep my GPR at between 3 and 4.
now am i screwing my self here, i'm no expert, but the loose stock steering always seemed too touchy, i have been riding with the tighter steering for a while and have gotten very used to it. but am i hurting my self from doing this??????????
some people on that thread were saying looser is better. is it all personal preference or am i limiting myself or making it harder to dip in and out of corners on the street and the track?

it has helped me feel more comfortable on heavy acceleration, slower tight turns, and high speeds. i have always sucked in corners and lacked confidence bit (part of the reason i got the stabilizer to begin with) but now i've been riding for a few years and i have more experience, so im riding a bit harder, going to the track and trying lean lower and take faster corners on the street and the track.............. i want to continue to learn and advance my skills, should i leave it, go looser or what????
any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
49 Posts
yea i was wondering the same thing i just ordered the v4 yesterday...what settings u guys use on that one..ive already had a slapper from just riding over a bumpy road..

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
Ive had the v4 for a few days now and #2 is plenty for the street for now. Maybe when it loosens up a bit I will turn the dial higher. I like it just as much as my scotts. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
those of you that have GPR stabilizers what number setting do you keep it set at for street??? and for track???

those of you who have other dampers? how tight or how lose do you keep it for street and track???

i was reading a thread on here last night (Suspension setup!!) and once someone mentioned stabilizers i made this comment...

now am i screwing my self here, i'm no expert, but the loose stock steering always seemed too touchy, i have been riding with the tighter steering for a while and have gotten very used to it. but am i hurting my self from doing this??????????
some people on that thread were saying looser is better. is it all personal preference or am i limiting myself or making it harder to dip in and out of corners on the street and the track?

it has helped me feel more comfortable on heavy acceleration, slower tight turns, and high speeds. i have always sucked in corners and lacked confidence bit (part of the reason i got the stabilizer to begin with) but now i've been riding for a few years and i have more experience, so im riding a bit harder, going to the track and trying lean lower and take faster corners on the street and the track.............. i want to continue to learn and advance my skills, should i leave it, go looser or what????
any advice would be helpful.

Hey man lets ride sometimes. Where in SE PA are you? I am in between Norristown and King of Prussia. I have a decent group of good riders to go rip with. Not crazy retards, just good riders.

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
I have the V4 and now that i got my wheelies down i leave mine set at 18...but before wheelies i kept it at 12-15

·
Registered
560 Posts
in between 3 and 4. it seems to be the magic number. you could probably up that a little bit for highway driving.

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
Hey man lets ride sometimes. Where in SE PA are you? I am in between Norristown and King of Prussia. I have a decent group of good riders to go rip with. Not crazy retards, just good riders.
If you rode with crazy retards! That would be.... well....CRAZY!! I saw a guy at sheets with what i'm thinking was his retarded brother on the back of his bike... This guys was on the back of this zx-11 yelling and screeming....i was like what the hell is that guys problem, I thought he was drunk. Then I realized what was going on and felt guilty for an hour:sheep:lmao

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its interesting to see what settings people are useing. i know there mor GPR guys out there......

O.K. heres a pic of the regular and the V4...... so "4" on the reg is pretty equal to "10" on the V4.

yeah dude, i'm from Quakertown, boarder of upper bucks county and lehigh county.

·
Go Tigers!
2,619 Posts
My old style stays on 3 just cruising, about 5 for hard twisties, 7 for track. Cant tell you how many times I come off the track and about wreck turning into the pits cause its on high

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
its interesting to see what settings people are useing. i know there mor GPR guys out there......

O.K. heres a pic of the regular and the V4...... so "4" on the reg is pretty equal to "10" on the V4.

yeah dude, i'm from Quakertown, boarder of upper bucks county and lehigh county.
My friend owns a resturant across the street from Bear Creek ski area, if you know where that is. We like to ride out that way and hit there for lunch. Usually a good time and nice roads.

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
the new V4 is great.... the more miles i get on the more i like it. So much more simple than the scotts as far as a rotary damper goes. The scotts has side to side damping as well as I'm going to call it a high speed dial and regular dial. Do you really need all that.... or just a nice solid unit without all the frills? I vote for option 2. I have it set at #3 now and its perfect for everyday riding on the street. Any higher than that and you have to muscle your bike into turns. My suspension is also set up properly so that has a lot to do with the no shimmy and shake. With all this done my bike feels way more solid, holding the line you want it to through a turn.like my R1 did. Minus the big bike feel. PERFECT!

I'd like to get together with you guys one day up by bear creek. PM me some info!

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts
On my Scotts I go full-in then out five clicks (on the track). I like a pretty solid damper and often catch myself doing too much bar input especially when I'm getting on the gas hard and trying to stand the bike up.

-D

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
i stay at about 3.5 for all riding (track, highway, town, and twistys)..... set it and forget it....
but i think i'm gona try out some of these other settings.

My friend owns a resturant across the street from Bear Creek ski area, if you know where that is. We like to ride out that way and hit there for lunch. Usually a good time and nice roads.
sweet, pm me with some more info......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts