Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Im planning on getting stabilizer for my 06, for ohlins i dont have enough money so Im considering GPR and SCOTTS. How do you like them, which is better and why?

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
I have the GPR and love it. But others have the Ohlin's and Scott's and swear by them too. I say get what you like.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I say they are all good and go w/ the cheapest one you can find cuz they sure are expensive...

·
Rootabaker da R6 King
234 Posts
Go with the Scotts the GPR dampers still leak and the seals break down quick depending on your area.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Go with the Scotts the GPR dampers still leak and the seals break down quick depending on your area.
Heard the V4's are a huge improvement and dont have any probs

·
Rootabaker da R6 King
234 Posts
There have been V4's leaking already also it really depends on the climate in your area I live in a tropical climate with lots of humidity and heat so it will break my seals down quicker.

If you do a search people will recommend the GPR then when someone says it leaks they say they will fix it as many times as you want and after the first time its 25.00 + shipping.

Now me personally I dont buy a damper to get it fixed as many times as I want and when you dont live in the US and it takes even longer to get your damper fixed about a damn month. So save yourself the trouble

Scotts Damper
Ohlins
Hyperpro
Sprint

Leave the GPR alone. I'm a cheap guy and always looking for a deal but the GPR wasn't since sending it back twice already in 1.5 years and need to send it back a third time now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guy, I'll go with SCOTTS, I live in southern ontario and humidity here is redicilous so that's why I'm skipping GPR

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I have run three different kinds. First a Toby on an F4i we had. It was cool, sorta like an ohlins knockoff. Functional, cheap and reliable. I have a GPR on my Kawi and have not had a problem yet in three years, but it is the version before the V4 so I cant speak to the leak problems. Its awesome though, sweet for drag, stunt, and being lazy. I have the scotts on my new r6 though and for my money (which wasnt enough to get the ohlins either) it is the best. Its easy to use, reasonably easy to adjust, and works very well on the street and on the track. I give it a 1 3/4 thumbs up, with its price being the only drawback. The others, I give a 1 1/2. They all work.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
The only real difference I see between the two is the adjuster knob. Everyone who has either brand loves 'em.
the scotts are actually more adjustable than the gpr. it has a low speed, high speed, and damper angle adjustment. people who have taken them apart also say they are more advanced and better constructed. u made a good choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts