Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

save the mess... install the quick drain system. quarter turn, never spill again.

http://aggracing.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=75

The Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve replaces the existing drain plug and provides a faster, safer, and cleaner way of performing oil changes. Once the valve is installed, oil changes can be performed without tools, without risk of burns from hot oil, and without the need to replace the drain plug washer. Simple operation: unscrew the cap by hand, and insert the hose attachment (quarter-turn bayonet joint) to start the oil drain. Optional safety-wire cap available.

The advantages at a glance:

• Easy handling due to quick release cap/hose connect
• Drain valve can not be lost
• Minimized risk of burns from hot oil

• Seal/washer change is not necessary

• Oil pan thread is spared

• Double outlet protection (protective cap and valve)

• Connection to vacuum possible

• Optimal application for discharge sampling or trapping

• Change oil without tools

• Optional predrilled cap for safety wire - race-org approved

Be sure to verify your drain bolt size and thread pitch before purchasing... if it's not listed, it's not available.

More Stahlbus products coming soon - including dry break systems (brake systems), bleeder valves, and other Stahlbus accessories. I'm offering free shipping on all orders of Stahlbus products for a while, so get yours while the shipping is free!! :toocool:

here's stahlbus' application database... i can't speak to its accuracy, but the few i have seen are dead on.

http://www.stahlbus.com/info/images/Downloads/Oelablass-Gewinde-Motorrad.pdf

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Hey Justin, I know I asked earlier on Facebook, but will you have a different style cap available that can be safety wired? Great looking product, if it can be safety wired, I'm sold for sure! :cheers

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Justin, I know I asked earlier on Facebook, but will you have a different style cap available that can be safety wired? Great looking product, if it can be safety wired, I'm sold for sure! :cheers
Yup - upgrade for $10 or you can get a separate cap for $17. (reading ftw) ;)

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Damn that is nice. I will have to pick one up next time I do an oil change.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the orders y'all - I'll get em processed today and will most likely ship out tomorrow. :cheers

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Yup - upgrade for $10 or you can get a separate cap for $17. (reading ftw) ;)
Coolio... Add it to the pile of stuff I'll be ordering for my track build from you... Pretty much one of everything. Other then the brakelines and valve stems... Already got those waiting to go on! :cheers

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,448 Posts
Sick! Will be picking one up for sure soon!

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
y'all lemme know - and i'm working to get that "safety wire upgrade fee" reduced. we'll see what - if anything - stahlbus says.

52,014 Posts
I already have a couple installed... f'in awesome... :fact

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm gonna be putting one in myself on the tard - or two. would sure speed up up the massive ordeal of chaning oil when 3 drains and two filters are involved. :laugh

52,014 Posts
i'm gonna be putting one in myself on the tard - or two. would sure speed up up the massive ordeal of chaning oil when 3 drains and two filters are involved. :laugh
Yeah... I like the fact that I don't have to accurately torque my drain plug any more. The will be put on all my bikes and the truck too...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Yeah... I like the fact that I don't have to accurately torque my drain plug any more. The will be put on all my bikes and the truck too...
Lets be honest, when was the last time you broke out a torque wrench of an oil drain plug....:laugh

52,014 Posts
Lets be honest, when was the last time you broke out a torque wrench of an oil drain plug....:laugh
I'm a bit OCD about these things. I tend to accurately torque any critical fastener... there's a reason I use Snap-On torque wrenches...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
I'm a bit OCD about these things. I tend to accurately torque any critical fastener... there's a reason I use Snap-On torque wrenches...
Ive never stripped an oil pan, or had a plug come out.... In 25+ years of working on stuff. Never torqued a drain plug. ever. :laugh

52,014 Posts
Ive never stripped an oil pan, or had a plug come out.... In 25+ years of working on stuff. Never torqued a drain plug. ever. :laugh
My neurosis started when I stripped a drain plug years ago (maybe I'm not the wimp you are :flex: :laugh )... bought a good torque wrench and never looked back...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
My neurosis started when I stripped a drain plug years ago (maybe I'm not the wimp you are :flex: :laugh )... bought a good torque wrench and never looked back...
Im sure thats what it is.... or maybe its your lack of feel and sense of touch.... But whatever blows up your skirt...;):laugh

1 - 20 of 335 Posts