Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys, I got an 07 R6s and I wanted to try to get some suggestions on this....I can clutch 1st up sitting at about 4-5K and ride it out pretty far until redline hits but I really want to start getting into 2nd gear. When I try to clutch 2nd up, even when I rev the piss out of it it only comes up about 2 feet and thats about it....right back down...

suggestions??

stock gearing btw

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
interested as well. I just started trying 2nd staggered stand ups, bouncing the bike as I clutch it resulting in a 2-3 second air time. I'd guess the wheel is 10" off the ground. it's definitely a different feel from sitting to stand up. I'm probably covering the rear brake like a mofo, lol.

can the R6 come up in 2nd with a sitting clutched wheelie? 520 kit?

·
Riding on one wheel...
31 Posts
i can sitdown 2nd pretty easy somewhere around 35-40 mph sit back in your seat cover the rear brake and slip the clutch up slowly until you get it higher and higher

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
for wheelies yes... everything else, not so much. The newer R6 has a motor that sits farther forward and farther down making the balance point higher. Also means u need more power/force to get the bike up to the balance point

·
Registered
74 Posts
easy.. first off... WHY IN THE HELL ARE U CLUTCHIN IN FIRST? itll power up in first.. and in second.. about 55-60 mph.. rev it to about 13-13.5 and dump it... stand up and itll power up in second too at about 60 or so... and when u get used to that.. ull enjoy the stand ups btw... 3rd gear... standin at about 70-75.. rev to 14k or more.. and hold on.. balance point is easy to find..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
easy.. first off... WHY IN THE HELL ARE U CLUTCHIN IN FIRST? itll power up in first.. and in second.. about 55-60 mph.. rev it to about 13-13.5 and dump it... stand up and itll power up in second too at about 60 or so... and when u get used to that.. ull enjoy the stand ups btw... 3rd gear... standin at about 70-75.. rev to 14k or more.. and hold on.. balance point is easy to find..
well first off WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU YELLING!?!?!

I understand that it will power first, but I can get much higher and ride much further clutching...can you power at 5K?? I can clutch it at 5K. And bring it to about 11. Plus thats what Im comfortable doing....

I finally got frustrated enough tonight and had enough. I was determined to clutch up 2nd.....soooooo, about 55 mph sitting real far back, clutched to about 14K and dumped all while pulling back on the bars, boom. 11 o'clock and rocked that bish out....Now I gotta get my timing on the pull and dumping it down...

btw, its a little harder for me...Im 6'2'' 250 pounds...not exactly the ideal size for a 600....but never the less, I got it!!!!

and yes, its almost 3am.....cause Ive been practicing all damn night/morning :lmao

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
it's more fun to clutch up first anways. on my 06 i bring it up to 50 staggered and just bounce and it comes up. i can just bounce it up in 3rd at 75 with no clutch. all stock except slash cut slip on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
got the hang of sit down 2nd gear wheelies on my 07 now, can get it up from anywhere between 6k and 10k not tried out of this rev range , you gota give the bars a tug as you let the clutch out

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
I don't like pulling the handles, makes it wobble. and yes I finally got sitting 2nd by clutching it. not sure exactly what rpm but it's up there, 12k (ish).

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
I finally got the high speed wheelies going. 55-65mph clutch 3rd (with some bouncing) and BOOM! lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im clutching 2nd as low as 40 and as high as 65 now...buddy paced me, I rode it out to redline and set it down, said I was doin about 93....so thats the top of my 2nd gear. Now I gotta get it in 3rd!!!

·
Riding on one wheel...
31 Posts
Im clutching 2nd as low as 40 and as high as 65 now...buddy paced me, I rode it out to redline and set it down, said I was doin about 93....so thats the top of my 2nd gear. Now I gotta get it in 3rd!!!
Thats about where im at...i need to practice stand ups so i can do a 3rd gear bounce

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
Thats about where im at...i need to practice stand ups so i can do a 3rd gear bounce
up in third everytime with just a bounce and no clutch. Run it up to 70 in 3rd. Open it up and as soon as it hits 75 or 10k rpms bounce and keep accelerating and it should come right up. I was able to ride mine out for quite some time and set it down right around 85-95 everytime. 3rd is nice because you don't have to worry about running the gear out if you hit that balance point.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Been out with a mate today, been on 2 wheels since he was 5 ,hes got the 06 r6 and gets it up in 4th and the bike is stock appart from an akrapovic. I rode at the side of him at 110mph and he just pops it up with ease riding it up to 135mph...

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
I havn't tried to bounce up 4th but i guess once i get the new tires put on it's gonna be my new task

·
Registered
218 Posts
wow, I never realized how high balance point was... I have been up there a couple times but never realized how high it was :dunce: I am a little freaked out right now:eek5

1 - 20 of 55 Posts