Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, 1st post, nice forum you 've got over here...

So, i read somewhere on the net that someone mad some adjustments to his bike to "fit" with his weight and body and that he can stand still on his bike when he isn't moving, eg. when the traffic light is red, he just puts his legs to the riding position and stays that way! is this possible ? I don't think it's all about balancing your body...

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Mr. Newton disagrees with you.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
Welcome to the forum :) I have never heard of such a thing.

Sorry for the above sarcasm, but this had me rolling too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it's just a stupid thing...SAD :p
I wish i could do it...

Oh, btw, there were some old military Harleys, where you could do that, 'cause the tyres where very very thick. You could even leave the bike without the "cantremembertheword" pulled down and still it would not fall !

And nice vid, excellent, opens new ways for the ppl who have moving difficulties !

·
Registered
166 Posts
so.....how is this considered a stunt and why is this thread in this area?

I'm guessing a moderator is needed for this section.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no, if you could do it, it would really be a stunt ! How do you define a stunt m8 ? If it's not a stunt, what is it ? A riding technique ? lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
You could modify your swingarm to allow a really wide, flat tire...that may work. :werd:lmao

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Hi guys, 1st post, nice forum you 've got over here...

So, i read somewhere on the net that someone mad some adjustments to his bike to "fit" with his weight and body and that he can stand still on his bike when he isn't moving, eg. when the traffic light is red, he just puts his legs to the riding position and stays that way! is this possible ? I don't think it's all about balancing your body...
You cant be serious........

·
Registered
29 Posts
All I know is, I can stop at a red light and sit there for about 4-5 seconds at a standstill before I have to put my foot down. Is that what your talking about? If not, I don't know what your talking about lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jpruett, is that true ? Can you post a video of that ? That's what i'm talking about, but i thought someone could do that for about 10sec. ! :)

PLZ post a video of you doing that ! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
jpruett, is that true ? Can you post a video of that ? That's what i'm talking about, but i thought someone could do that for about 10sec. ! :)

PLZ post a video of you doing that ! :D
I don't have a video, but its a requirement of the course offerd on the base here. Stopping on your bike for 4 seconds before putting a foot down. Its just a balance thing. I don't know about 10 seconds, but I suppose it could be possible.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i dont know about 4 that seems like a long time to me i can go a couple though. if you can do 4 seconds you would own the slow races at the bar.

·
My R6 eats yours!!!
369 Posts
All I know is, I can stop at a red light and sit there for about 4-5 seconds at a standstill before I have to put my foot down. Is that what your talking about? If not, I don't know what your talking about lol
:BS

1 - 20 of 20 Posts