Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to pull the bike apart to get the alarm/remote starter I had in it out to put into my wife's jeep. Decided to go all out with pulling everything off to make it a lot easier to get to everything.

While it is apart, I have a few things planned that should be going in very very shortly...;
1) New alarm/remote starter with much cleaner wiring and 100% hidden.
2) Possibly new air filter while I have the airbox off.
3) Picked up the headlight mod parts from Agg so as soon as they get here, will hopefully be sending it all to misterjj for the mod. consisting of G35 projectors, audi style turn signals, euro signals, and possibly CCFL halos.... but not quite sure yet. If I do the halos, I'm going to throw in the hidden auto-switch to turn my running lights on/off.
4) All fairing bolts being replaced with coated "Lollypop red" bolts from bikebolts.com

I think that will be it for this project. I will keep this thread updated as the project progresses. It should be a nice quick project.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Came home from court today to find a couple much anticipated packages!!!!

Giggity Giggity Goo... now to get ahold of Misterjj so I can get these sent to him and finished up so I can put her all back together again with the new sexy bolts. Then to get the energy to pull my pegs back off and change the powdercoating to a better matching red.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much dem dere things costed cuh?
Picked up the Projector kit (projectors, hids, dust boots, relay kit,etc) from AGG for $185 I think it was; Euro turn signals were $20 or $30 on ebay; Bolts were about $20 or so from bikebolts.com.

where did you get that sweet @$$ reservoir sock?
Found it at Dick's Sporting goods... lol. Its just a workout band thing and I took one and put it on the bike and when I want to feel cool I wear the other one as just a single band b/c thats what all the cool kids do.... :secret :jacked

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the euro turns in last night. Very happy with how they came out. I drilled out the 1/2" hole then put 2 small notches at the top and bottom of the hole so that I can put the bulb socket in and it will lock in place just like factory. I may throw a little silicone on it to help seal it. I'll try to get some pics tonight. Also going to try to paint the outer shell of the projectors black so that they will be barely noticable inside the housing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts