Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to start the bike I hear a click so I went through my service manual and I have tested everything up to the starter and it checks out. So I pulled the starter and and manually engaged it by connecting it directly to power. I then put it back on it's original connects and tried it off the bike. Both times it worked but then when I put it back in the bike it didn't work. It's not engaging the motor for some reason. Could it be bad? I have a spare I'm going to try in it tomorrow but any help is appreciated.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
if it's working when hooking up directly (off the bike), but not working on the bike.. the problem is on the bike. The starter motor is fine. gonna need to look elsewhere. start switches, ignition, start fuse, battery, etc.

·
Registered
97 Posts
try taking ure connectors off ure battery and clean them very well along with the terminals. the tiniest little bit of corrosion can stop a good connection. i had the same problem last summer and all i did was clean the connectors on the battery real well and then worked perfectly. now part of my routine maintenance just so i dont get stranded somewhere. hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts