Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an 03 r6. I bought it was a fried stator and rectifier. I replaced the whole main harness, the stator and the rectifier, and a new battery. I go to start it, and the battery instantly dies.. I jump it and it runs for however long until I turn it off, but then when I do turn it off. It wont start again, and just clicks constantly. I tried 3 different batteries and it happened to all of them. The stator is brand new... so is the rectifier..

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parasitic drain?

Also I should add once i replaced everything the bike ran well and started all the time, but I left it on over an hour or so and I did not know, until the headlight started flickering. Thats when i replaced the new battery with another new battery and the whole process of batteries dying and no clean starts happened afterwards.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you buy a new stator, do you have to run your bike a little on the road before it kicks in?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If that's true... That makes complete sense. I rode it around for 2 mins and that was the only time I had it above 5k rpms. And that's the only time I could get it to start back up once without jumping it. Every other time, it would just idle at 1-2k rpms. Maybe I should hold on the throttle for a few minutes while it's on a stand.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The bike had to be above 5000 rpms to start charging.
Hey so your advise was very helpful. After i managed to jump it again, I revved it up over 5k rpms for a few minutes, and the battery sustains a charge big enough to start the bike multiple times now. Thank you for the advise!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts