Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this bike about 2 months ago. It is a 2006 R6 with 20k on it. I havent had a singal problem except for this back firing issue. It has never back fired much before and i didnt start noticing it untill last week. I was thinking it might have something to do with engine timing...like a cam chain tensioner? The bike has a mjs header,gytr slip on, pc3 for power mods. I am also running the graves full system map... Honestly i have no idea whats wrong with it...

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
block off plates. get them, dyno tune, then it should be gone for the most part, if not completely.

·
Speedy Claxton
1,767 Posts
no block off plates are plates that cover the air induction system we have on our bikes. the ais recycles exhaust gas back into the engine or some shit for efficiency but its completely worthless so they make little plates to "block" that off. talk to justin (agg2001), hes ur man if hes still sellin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no block off plates are plates that cover the air induction system we have on our bikes. the ais recycles exhaust gas back into the engine or some shit for efficiency but its completely worthless so they make little plates to "block" that off. talk to justin (agg2001), hes ur man if hes still sellin.
Do you guys think it a little odd that it just started doing it last/this week?

·
Speedy Claxton
1,767 Posts
not particularly.. where do you live.. was there a change in temperature. not sure if this would cause it but its an idea.

·
Eh?
322 Posts
Mine started to backfire again due to the temperature change, since the map I have now was autotuned in 30 degree weather, and its now below 15, time to hook the laptop up again and go for a good ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts