Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to get my registration renewed and of course had to bring the 6 to the dealership to get an inspection, sure enough she failed with flying colors, mostly because of my high mount exhaust. Because of the high mount

1) it supposedly blocks the right turn signal so i have to buy a intergrated brake light
2) it takes away the passenger pegs and since i still have a passenger seat i must have pegs so i have to buy a rear seat cowl
3) i just need to buy new tires

The dealership wants $720 for parts and labor, f that, im just gonna buy it on my own and install it (not the tires)

Anyone have suggestions on intergrated brake lights, cowls and tires to buy???

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Find another place that will do it. Find a "friend"..

Buy your tires and seriously get another place to do it, I'm sure someone here can help.

I passed with no rear light switch, full exhaust, no cat and integrated tail and my license plate barely visible.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
send me 500.00...and i'll pass you :sing

·
Registered
365 Posts
That's crappy. They don't do bike inspections in NJ anymore.

I would definitely take it somewhere else tho. That's some bull****

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
I love my state more and more every time i hear an inspection story lol.

We have no noise pollution regulation here..my bike passed with no muffler on it..no turn signals in the rear, no pegs and no reflectors anywhere..and no mirrors :)

·
Rocketship
83 Posts
went to get my registration renewed and of course had to bring the 6 to the dealership to get an inspection...
Are you in CA? Im not familiar with that process... why do you need an inspection to get your bike renewed? More importantly, why from the stealership? :confused:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I thought Ga. suxed for emissions even though I have freinds with GM rides with LS1/2's etc. that get to sail by all the time by way of LS1 edit etc. Cal-e-fornia suxs ass. lol

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
I thought Ga. suxed for emissions even though I have freinds with GM rides with LS1/2's etc. that get to sail by all the time by way of LS1 edit etc. Cal-e-fornia suxs ass. lol
GA is the best..well..I am EPA certified and I have my own emissions station so...I got the hook up. So do my friends ;)

-Ant.

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bike is in Maryland, sorry for the confusion, would it pass in CA the way it is now???

·
Registered
327 Posts
GA is the best..well..I am EPA certified and I have my own emissions station so...I got the hook up. So do my friends ;)

-Ant.
What is an emissions station??!

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
What is an emissions station??!
In NY, the inspection requires an emission test. Older cars actually hooked something on to the exhaust smoke, now I think it's all through the car's electronics.

Bikes in NY don't get emissions, mostly visual inspection.

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
I am so glad I live in Washington. +1 on finding a "friendly" shop to do your inspection.

·
Registered
673 Posts
what are emission test? i live in florida?
:sing

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
send me 500.00...and i'll pass you :sing
Still trying this one out huh? Ill send you Pictures of my mom for 250.00 :popcorn: Let me know

I dont have to do anything until my bike is 5 years old ;) And then All I need is a mirror, a horn, Tail light, and head light. But I do have to take it with out the fairings since my Blinkers are still there but dont work. Law says if they are there ALL must work, If the are not there oh well

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
I love my state more and more every time i hear an inspection story lol.

We have no noise pollution regulation here..my bike passed with no muffler on it..no turn signals in the rear, no pegs and no reflectors anywhere..and no mirrors :)
+1 :sing

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts