Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I was bored so I decided to do some research on these statistics to try to prove all these people wrong who say motorcycles are the devil. They are so dangerous.

Cars:
auto accidents :6,420,000
Fatalities: 42,636

Motorcycles:
registered bikes: 6,200,004
Fatalities: 4,008

Thats all th info I could find if any one could find how many cars were registered and how many motorcycle accidents were reported compared to the 4,008 fatalities. That would help. And all u math geniuses could make up some percentages to compare them.
Im sure i'm wrong and bikes lost but it's worth a try.

·
Man I OWNED that wheelie!
324 Posts
RDAY said:
Im sure i'm wrong and bikes lost but it's worth a try.
Then what was the point?

But by your numbers you are saying there are almost as many registered bikes as there are cars? Yeah right

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
crazywolf450r said:
Then what was the point?

But by your numbers you are saying there are almost as many registered bikes as there are cars? Yeah right
nah, you're reading it wrong. the first one is auto accidents. the second is registered bikes. :popcorn: still not a viable comparison with those stats though.

EDIT: you caught it ;)

·
Man I OWNED that wheelie!
324 Posts
Still a pointless thread without the right numbers. We need a common denominatorin order to make any comparisons

·
12,482 Posts
Noodlestorm said:
this almost makes me want to research it...almost. i'm too lazy to think numbers right now. :popcorn:

Ditto. All I know is this: Motorcycle are a bigger RISK.... I don't consider them more dangerous.

Now, I know people are gonna say that they ARE dangerous, so here's my thoughts on this:

Three people fall asleep on the road. Driver 1 is in an 18-wheeler. Driver 2 is in a passenger car. Driver 3 is on a motorcycle. Driver 1 is more likely to cause more damage, hence they are the most dangerous.

Same three people... Who's gonna survive? Driver 3 is less likely to survive, hence they are at the most risk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts