Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a 2016 r6 and been having problems. I have put 2 stators in it. If this one fails dose anybody know the issue? When i take tge cover off over a court of oil comes out, thats seems a lil much rigth?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill check the wires. Last time it went out engine ligth came on then a few moments later everything turned off. The amount of oil that came out from the cover when i took it off that blew my mind.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
court or quart?? The stator is attached to the crank which has oil pumped directly to it via squirters. I would question how you replaced the parts or determined they needed replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quarts. Did voltage tests everytime put a new one in and around 300 miles goes out agin. I know oil supposed to be in there but seems alot thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I had a car that kept going through alternators in short-order.
My overall voltage drop between the engine/alternator and battery was excessive.
This caused the alternator to run full-field the entire time the engine ran.
So the alternators were running SSSUUUPPPEEERRR hot, as they weren't designed to run full-field for extended periods... which BTW is why you don't run on a bad battery.
One of the alternators had scorch marks. Replacing the regulator wouldn't have had an impact... the core windings or/and their soldered connections themselves were damaged.

Voltage drop testing requires a loaded circuit, and the best results are acquired when the circuit is fully loaded. Unfortunately in the short time it takes to do the testing, you could burn out another stator. (some aren't very good quality)

Make sure your battery is good. Take a look at your connectors. Voltage drop test all of your connections - engine to regulator - engine to battery - regulator to battery. Test your negative side (because bad grounds are really bad) and then see about your positive side.

It's not uncommon for the regulator connectors to corrode on the older bikes.
Fortunately they're not hard to replace.
I have extras. (never had to replace mine)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts