Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

so i have a 06 r6 50th anuviersary and the bike came with a stearing damper

iv been riding the bike for awhile and the damper is always at 3.5 4 , but i feel that i can get better handling if i set it to 0 .

im not sure if it should always be zero and then change it when i need to or i should just keep it at 3.5 ,4

also what level do u set ur damper ?

thanks

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Steering.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Hello

so i have a 06 r6 50th anuviersary and the bike came with a stearing damper

iv been riding the bike for awhile and the damper is always at 3.5 4 , but i feel that i can get better handling if i set it to 0 .

im not sure if it should always be zero and then change it when i need to or i should just keep it at 3.5 ,4

also what level do u set ur damper ?

thanks
Depends on damper and person...

I like to run mine relatively lower (pitbull) 4-5 clicks or so. It does still does it needs to without needing to give extra hard inputs...

On the street or in the pits you can run a lower setting, no problem. I don't now about 0 though.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
See, thats why I liked my scotts with the reactive damping. It could be set up fairly light in terms of regular input, but tightened up pretty quick when reacting to the big hits...and it didnt have that dead, blah constant damping feel....

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
See, thats why I liked my scotts with the reactive damping. It could be set up fairly light in terms of regular input, but tightened up pretty quick when reacting to the big hits...and it didnt have that dead, blah constant damping feel....
:yes but most find the high and low speed adjustment off-putting, no sure why...

Hyperpro is another unit that provides "active" damping.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
:yes but most find the high and low speed adjustment off-putting, no sure why...

Hyperpro is another unit that provides "active" damping.
Yeah, but its not high and low in terms of MPH, its high and low in terms of bar speed... Its not rocket science. You can even tune the sweep where it works iirc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts