Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
you can benefit from it, but it's not necessary. i just added one (well, i'll add it once it comes in) so that i can push a little harder through a couple rough patches at/in some turns at the track. let the new addiction get ahold of you first before you go spending ~$300 or so on a damper. that's just my two cents.

·
My R6 beats me
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank everyone i think i might save my money and hold off on it for now..

But what are some recommended things to buy before doing a track day?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
I dont know if I agree with these guys.... I would say that the steering stabilizer is the best mod I have done besides tires...and maybe the quick throttle mod. Really, it depends on how fast you are as a rider, not the number of track days. Also, it depends on suspension settings, tire construction, track conditions, etc as to whether or not it will be beneficial. I can say that I was glad to have it, even on my first day, but then I was riding in the intermediate group after my first session... If it was me, I would get tires first, then stabilizer, then other crap.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
like others have say it's worth it to have one. it's better to have it to be safe then sorry. :) plus you can always use it as added protection while riding on the streets to prevent head shakes.

·
Custom User Title
696 Posts
Totally unnecessary at this point. If you are having issues, you need to ride better. If riding better doesn't fix it, look at your suspension setup next.

·
kiwi rider
315 Posts
this was the last mod I did on my old 05 r6 when I got my new one it was the first thing I bought.
I would get one for track days.
my mate just did and loves it he wishes he got one first as well again gave him more confidence when going fast

1 - 10 of 10 Posts