Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2010 R6 Looking for Mods
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking at adding an Ohlins damper and their site recommends the SD020 for my 2010 R6. This uses a 63mm rod. Any reason why I can't use a 68mm rod if I get a good deal? I plan on getting the Harris Performance mounting kit. Should I be worried about clearances?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
no offense, but any reason you can't just get a pit bull rotary damper like most of the rest of us?

s3aturnr

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I need one as well for my 2003 R6.
This is a second bike I will use on the street occasionnaly and on track a couple of days per year.

Rotary GPR seems to have a too complex cinematic for me (and for reliability)

LSL - dunno - looks too simple for the price.

Hyperpro is fine but 2 setups are proposed, RSC and CSC if I am correct. Considering my useage whcih one to chose ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered an Hyperpro RSC ... it seems to be the best for the price.
It will allow road useage and will prevent handlebars to go to limits on the track - This is all I want ...

·
Registered
351 Posts
the rsc is fantastic, its an active damper and ive put mine to the test on several occasions and its performed quite well. ive looked at the pit bull units, im gonna be n the market for a damper for my 08 soon and ill probably buy whatever i find cheaper. although id prefer the hyperpro

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
No problems with my GPR V4 ... so far, hahaaa :) .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you guys finding you really need a damper on the R6 for the track? I just picked up an 06 R6. This is my 1st R6. I had a Scotts damper on my 03 R1, was not a track bike. I had a GRP on my 03 636. The bike and the damper were junk. The damper would loosen up. So not sure how effective or when it was effective it was on the track. A friend of mine has an 03 CBR 600. Does not have a damper at all. Does not seem to be an issue.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i have an active hyperpro on my gixxer and love it. active is the way to go if youre gonna buy new. i got a good deal on the gpr thats on my r6 and went with that

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Are you guys finding you really need a damper on the R6 for the track? I just picked up an 06 R6. This is my 1st R6. I had a Scotts damper on my 03 R1, was not a track bike. I had a GRP on my 03 636. The bike and the damper were junk. The damper would loosen up. So not sure how effective or when it was effective it was on the track. A friend of mine has an 03 CBR 600. Does not have a damper at all. Does not seem to be an issue.
i believe it's required if you're going to race. but, i didn't find a need for one for a long time until i had an incident on track when i was fatigued and being lazy. now i won't ride without one. just extra insurance...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have an active hyperpro on my gixxer and love it. active is the way to go if youre gonna buy new. i got a good deal on the gpr thats on my r6 and went with that
With the active the damping increases as you go faster correct? So what about coming into a slower turn under hard breaking? How does the hyperpro work here? I am looking at the Scotts damper that has the slower adjustment as well.

·
Registered
351 Posts
No that's only those electronic ones. The hyperpro gives you a small amount of resistance while riding buy if it notices a jerk in the bars it stiffens up. Ive caught a couple cross winds with the front tire in the air that set the bike bike with the wheel turned and the bars jerk straight and it catches and you avoid what could be a serious tank slapper

1 - 17 of 17 Posts