1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
What kit are you referring to?

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
You have rotary dampers and linear dampers, both will do what you need them to do. I have the Scotts damper and it works great. You will need to tap the frame in order to mount it though.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Most people will tell you it's one of the best buys for your bike.
The more I read it keeps sounding like a band-aid for bad riding habits? Or am I misunderstanding it?

·
Cant get enough of my 6
973 Posts
I love the scotts dampers but the fact of tapping the frame just doesn't sit well with me. This is why i went with the GPR. This way if you sell the bike and want to keep the damper you can take it off without having the holes left in the frame. Both are great products tho. There are many all will get the job done. You wont regret it and in certain situations you will be glad you had it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ive been looking into the GPR v4. Seems to be the best option. I dont want to have the linear strut...looks like garbage.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
The more I read it keeps sounding like a band-aid for bad riding habits? Or am I misunderstanding it?
Not really a band aid because if you're a careless rider your gonna f urself up regardless. And a lot of the other bike makes have stock dampers on their bikes why yamaha doesn't do this idk. But the damper is for peace of mind whether your speeding, wheeling, or hitting the twistys. And when you get a tank slapper you'll wish that or hit a pothole or whatever else the environment throws at you that messes with your handling you'll wish you had a damper. Ive ran the scotts, gpr v1, gpr v4, and ohlins linear damper infact i still have them all and only one bike lol gotta love my gf only cool presents with her :YEA. But ive loved them all but ended up keeping the scotts on since i tapped into my frame.

anyways cant go wrong with a damper itll only make your handling better.

·
( . Y . )
3,176 Posts
Ive been looking into the GPR v4. Seems to be the best option. I dont want to have the linear strut...looks like garbage.
Got the GPR V4, one of the first mods I did for her. Great buy, especially for LA freeways :thumbdown. V4 is easy to install and even easier to use :YEA

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
i always thought it was correcting bad riding habits too. but it also works in ways where your riding habits won't affect it. like hitting a bump and your front lifts a little and you get a little bit of wobble. i still have yet to buy one though.

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
Not really a band aid because if you're a careless rider your gonna f urself up regardless. And a lot of the other bike makes have stock dampers on their bikes why yamaha doesn't do this idk. But the damper is for peace of mind whether your speeding, wheeling, or hitting the twistys. And when you get a tank slapper you'll wish that or hit a pothole or whatever else the environment throws at you that messes with your handling you'll wish you had a damper. Ive ran the scotts, gpr v1, gpr v4, and ohlins linear damper infact i still have them all and only one bike lol gotta love my gf only cool presents with her :YEA. But ive loved them all but ended up keeping the scotts on since i tapped into my frame.

anyways cant go wrong with a damper itll only make your handling better.
I'll take the Ohlins linear damper from ya.:poke

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
Replied, thank you!

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
I do recommend them as an addition to a properly setup chassis.
:werd

In fact, they are mandatory if you plan on racing with WERA.
"A steering damper is MANDATORY on all machines and must be mounted in a safe and workmanlike manner. The damper must not overly limit the amount of stock lock-to-lock handlebar travel."

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Hyperpro RSC is the way to go IMO...

The RSC stands for Reactive Steering control...

Basically you dont even know its there until you need it...and at $450 from motomummy, you cant go wrong...

Ill jump on the band wagon of saying it was one of the best (if not THE best) mods Ive done to my machine...it instills so much more confidence:fact

1 - 20 of 76 Posts