Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Steering damper

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TurboBlew 
#1 ·
Any recommendations on a steering damper for 03 R6 please, I have £100 to spend on Amazon, are universal ones any good?

#5 ·
The front end is very light under acceleration and I have experienced wobble at higher speeds.

I suppose a counter argument would be the geometry etc but I feel a damper would counter this as it did for my friends gsxr.

What are your recommendations?

#6 ·
The front end is very light under acceleration and I have experienced wobble at higher speeds.
I suppose a counter argument would be the geometry etc but I feel a damper would counter this as it did for my friends gsxr.
What are your recommendations?
A damper is a bandaid on a bullet wound. Putting a damper on some clapped out, ill serviced suspension is going to do nothing. You start by addressing the simple things like cleaning & lubing suspension pivots & axles. After you've checked tire pressures with a properly benchmarked gauge.
GSXRs come with linear dampers from the factory... and they are pretty worthless BUT if you roadrace dampers are required so that's one less thing to buy. Hondas come with electronic ones... total junk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.