Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Would you recommend the ohlins steering damper or GPR V4 for a predominantly track bike?
I have Scotts Damper which is basically like GPR V4. GPR V4 was developed with WSBK. I assume it's better but Scotts Damper removed my speed wobbles at times. I've never road a motorcycle on the streets w/o one or anything else besides an '18 S1000RR.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Would you recommend the ohlins steering damper or GPR V4 for a predominantly track bike?
I have the GPR V4 and it works fine. If you are talking about the similar styled Ohlins/Scott rotary damper I think they may require you to drill and tap the frame on the R6.

I have used the Scott rotary damper before on another make and liked the feel more than the GPR.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey all, im new here just wanted to say hi. I have had steering dampers and i love them. I saw a guy at a track day completely eat it because of the front end bouncing and thats just something i never want to experience. The ambulance ride im sure cost 600 bucks. I think its one of those things that if you can afford it, then why not. just my two dimes

41 - 44 of 44 Posts