Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
just doing maintainence on my r6 had a shake issue when I let go of the bars at over 50. I guess what I am looking for is if neone knows where to get a spanner or I guess its called a c-spanner wrench. My steering feels loose any ideas of what I have to do to correct this would be great I got the book. But that is one thing I havent done among others. This project isnt pressing cuz its raining almost every day here in seattle thanx.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
you don't need a spanner. you can't see those nuts and they are barely hand tight so there is no reason to worry about putting marks in them. you can use a screwdriver and hammer to tap them in their grooves or a large enough pair of pliers such as a set of channel locks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool so the question is do i need to tighten those more than they are or just make sure they are finger tight and put it back together.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I went tighter on mine than what yamaha says to.
mine stopped coming loose after that. and that was back in 2004. I just took mine apart in 08 and the bearings and the grease were in really great shape. I didn't need to re pack the grease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts