Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone help me decide on some good speakers/tweets to invest in?
i want to custom make my system on the r6 but i need to know if u guys recommend some special amp and speakers for the loudness and such, i would like to listen to some music while riding w/o having to put in headphones heh, thx.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
settle down little clown, im just bored at work. anyways, where are you gonna mount this stuff? without compromising the balance? are you gonna have enough juice to run the amp? i would think that any "ricer" honda type store could hook you up and give advice.

·
Knee Draggin Poor Boy
1,237 Posts
He isn't being an ass, he is just saying the truth in a light hearted way. If it is for a show bike, than i'd say sure but if it is an every day rider then no cause when you are on a bike like the R6 you need as few distractions as possible plus with your helmet on, the wind noise, and if youre like me and have your engine screaming at the red line all the time, you'll never hear it. i use the in helmet chat boxes when i'm riding with friends, other than that, just me and the bike.

·
Knee Draggin Poor Boy
1,237 Posts
It's a two way radio type of thing attached to your helmet. some are voice activated and some are button activated. if i can find a like to one of them, i'll post it. but for now, i'm going to bed. Got to fuggin work tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
TravTrav said:
umm no

but yeah dont post if your gonna be an ass
Don't post if you don't understand that people are just messing with you? :poke

We are a fun loving bunch on this board who rag on each other mercilessly. Stereo on a bike, sounds like putting a 10' high wing on a Civic for downforce on a FWD car. Put more force over the rear wheels so the front gets even lighter since thats were you need traction, damn Ricers. But hey its your bike do as you like.

Oh and the chat box is like a CB, but more like a walkie talkie.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sry, i had a long day at work, anything aggitates me now, but i plan on going on the annual saki run this year, i used to own a ep3 02 honda si, and now i dont have one and i picked up the bike, but i never missed a saki run, and we use cb's consantly when we are running, so if i can use that while riding with them that would be great =], could you tell me more about it and where to pick one up?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Manoah said:
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
shoulda bought a goldwing! LOL!
:stupic .. i hava 95 eclipse turbo .. the subs the amp ect. stays in teh car not on a sportbike .. its ur bike do waht u want .. but i gotta agree with Manoah on this one........ if u do do it (haha do do it ) then post up some pics lets see waht u come up wit

·
Registered
885 Posts
here some info on the chatter box that might help you ..

The GMRS X1 Features:
a large illuminated LCD display with 15 channels and 38talk groups. The unit is VOX/voice activated or PTT/push to talk with a full duplex intercom. The GMRS-X1 also features a cellular phone input and an audio input with full stereo sound. The GMRS-X1 is powered by our powerful built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery allowing up to 5 miles range, all this in a tough water resistant casing. This is our top of the line model and is the identical in features as the X2 but with 5 mile GMRS capability. Comes with Noise Reducing Headset.
Details

Our price: $269.00
(MSRP: $329.00)

here is the link to a site that has it ..

http://www.solomotoparts.com/catalog/Chatter-Box-GMRS-X1-Kit-p-16890.html#detailed

·
Registered
234 Posts
Manoah said:
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
shoulda bought a goldwing! LOL!
:stupic

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but anywho, i heard some people actually did the stereo mod thing, but i take it, that it wouldnt be a good idea so i wont do it, i love doing custom work too and it sounded interesting, if you guys know some cool custom mods i can do for lighting at least pls hit me up and let me know what i can do?

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
hhmmm...

Jardine exhaust, Shoei helmet, not to mention the WIND NOISE....how the hell would you even hear a stereo??!! I sure wouldn't.

And, I can barely find a place to mount my 2" x 2" integrator board, where the hell are you gonna put amps, head units, speakers...

I gott ago with the rest of the smartasses...shoulda bought a Goldwing!

Radio on a sportbike...LMAO!

·
looking for more curves
1,881 Posts
Now this is where you can get a bit crazy... You could put a stereo on a sport bike.

Get a $99 (less if your a student or work for any type of education instution) iPOD shuffle, and your done!

You fill it with MP3's, put on the ear phones, and you now have a stereo on you sport bike. Another great benfit is other people will not have to listen to your music at 120 dB while at stop lights.

If you want to listen to the radio, you could get one of these

and listen to XM on your bike! (click the picture... it's a link to the player).

Or is you want to listen to broadcast radio there are such devices that to that too.

Just from the resources on a bike, and the needed space to create a system that you could hear, you'd need sattle bags to have enough room.... much less the needed AMPs to make it all work.

·
Registered
416 Posts
as far as lighting goes there's alota sHtuff u can do .. ex: re peg LED lights, neons, the tail integrater, HID, front LED signals .. .uhh thas all i can think of, but do a search theres a whole buncha other sHtuff

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
yoda said:
hhmmm...

Jardine exhaust, Shoei helmet, not to mention the WIND NOISE....how the hell would you even hear a stereo??!! I sure wouldn't.

And, I can barely find a place to mount my 2" x 2" integrator board, where the hell are you gonna put amps, head units, speakers...

I gott ago with the rest of the smartasses...shoulda bought a Goldwing!

Radio on a sportbike...LMAO!
:stupic :moon :cheers

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,812 Posts
:stupic if you just have to listen to music while riding get a small mp3 player. i know its illegal in some states. but i do it just to get me in the "zone" while riding.

i agree with yoda also, how are you supposed to hear the music while riding? i have a hard time hearing what my passenger says while riding as it is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.