Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First post on here, i tried searching but i couldnt find any pics of my bike without stickers, so since i was bored i performed a makeover with my crazy paint skills.

What do you guys think looks best? Im also thinking about doing the rims gold (together with levers and grips).

I know its entirely my own decision but i would still like to hear peoples opinion :)

Also if you got any pics in the same trim of this please post them.

Stock:

Without decals:

Without decals, black front fender, passanger foot rest delete, black stomp grip:

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
You answered your own questions. I personally like the stickers, others like the clean look.

Just a little tip though, you can't get rid of the decal on the gas tank. Have to cover it up with a stomp grip or new paint altogether. The decal is under a clear coat.

I vote no on the gold. Stick to 2 color schemes, red/black. Black and gold look good together. Gold levers usually don't match the stock gold forks either.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You answered your own questions. I personally like the stickers, others like the clean look.

Just a little tip though, you can't get rid of the decal on the gas tank. Have to cover it up with a stomp grip or new paint altogether. The decal is under a clear coat.

I vote no on the gold. Stick to 2 color schemes, red/black. Black and gold look good together. Gold levers usually don't match the stock gold forks either.
Oh i didnt know that, i only got the bike 3 days ago, but i cant ride it the next 3 months or so because of the bad weather here (denmark). But som black stomp grips would be alright on the side of the tank as well. My forks are black as in the picture, but i feel you on the 3 coor scheme, it could easily be to much, but i would really like to see it in a picture if it was possible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
took the tail stickers off now. Gonna wait until i get some money with the last ones so i can have the stompgrip ready as well :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still bored so i tried to add some stars to it ( saw something like it on someone elses on here) Plus it could be a way to cover up the gas tank decals instead of using stompgrips.

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
Still bored so i tried to add some stars to it ( saw something like it on someone elses on here) Plus it could be a way to cover up the gas tank decals instead of using stompgrips.

Mine maybe. :D

But I ran out of stars and have to wait for more to be made...adding more red as well as black ones. :cheers

I think if you do take off the decals you definitely need something to break up the big solid colors. I actually thought about doing that with mine but I think I am set on leaving the decals and just adding more stars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Mine maybe. :D

But I ran out of stars and have to wait for more to be made...adding more red as well as black ones. :cheers

I think if you do take off the decals you definitely need something to break up the big solid colors. I actually thought about doing that with mine but I think I am set on leaving the decals and just adding more stars.
exactly :D

My bike is in another color scheme than yours as mine got more black, but i think my last attempt of a photoshop will be the one (just with nicer stars than the ones i made :D)

btw is that a clear stompgrip you got? Doesnt the decal go through?

·
Hola Amigos!
1,955 Posts

This is teh :gay

1 - 15 of 15 Posts