Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'02 Yamaha R6
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2002 R6 and have been having a ton of trouble try to get the battery to charge while running... Anyways, I have changed the battery, the regulator/rectifier, and the stator and am still getting a little more then 12 volts to the battery with the bike running at 5 grand where it should be reading 14 volts. I checked the power coming from the r/r and it read about 14 volts with the bike running. Is there anything else in line from the battery to the r/r that i havnt checked yet? maybe in the wiring harness? oh, i have also changed the starter relay. I am getting really frustrated with the bike and any help would be much appreciated!

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
take a close look at the regulator plug. that was a know issue with those years.
the plug wires would burn up.
guys were making their own connectors with standard blade style connectors straight to the regulator.

·
'02 Yamaha R6
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey blue, I have checked all of the visable wires and plugs... They all look fine, that's why I'm so confused as to why I am losing 2 volts from the regulator/ rectifier to the battery...

·
Yes I am the Devil, Bobby
257 Posts
check for voltage drops on the positive and negative sides, with a dvom (digital volt/ohm meter) set to volts you should expect 0.1v per connection ( if there are 3 connections in the circut expect .03v maximun loss) hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts