Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my bike back together today after installing a power commander, slide stops, and v stacks. And it still works. I was worried because of all the hammering I had to do on the impact driver to get the screws out. Still waiting on my pipe and carbon fiber fairings though. Oh I put in a new filter, K&N. I was not impressed with the quality of the product.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
ya man, i had the same fears. I yanked at the damn TB assembly to get it off and finally did. It took far more time getting that assembly off than anything else. once all the pieces are off, getting the slide stops, the VStax and in my case, the BMC Race filter (nice high quality piece) was quick and easy and was re-assmebly. It alslo helped that once you got it all apart, it was easy to see how it all went together and where all the fuckin hidden screens and wire connectors are. It was like performing a mini-autopsy on the bike.

If we were smart, we'd have replaced all the stock screws with some allen head bolts or something else that wasn't so damn soft and held a better chance against high torque removal.

but when all is said and done, its like a whole new fuckin bike! I love it! the throttle response is much quicker and harder and it revs easier cuz it breathes easier. if it doesn't redline, it isn't happy! this thing just eats pavement like no tomorrow! I didn't want to go home yesterday when I took it out.

I am currently using a map for a Micron S/O (I have a BF), Hindle Header (no header on mine though yet), V-Stax, Slide Stops and BMC Race Filter. I'm like a kid in a candy store!

Gco, thanks for the pics bro, they came in real handy! I was taking pics of mine until I noticed you had already done so, so thanks for saving me the work! and that offset screwdriver came in handy for getting the bottom screws off #2 and #3 vacuum slide covers which i used to pull the TB assembly off.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am glad everything worked out for you Pen. I can't wait to get mine on the street. I am just waiting on the carbon fiber body to come in and I need to get my can back from micron. That will probably take another 3 weeks.

As for dj1298's question--I am talking about K&N air filters. The ruber they use is low quality and the filter actualy has less breathable surfase area than the stock filter. I would definatly get a BMC. I would have but I did not figure there would be this much difference between the K&N and the BMC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.