Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
08 R6 SuperStreet
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finished the conversion on my 08 R6S.
Was stupid easy to perform. looks clean. the 08 r6 pipe had 8 miles on it before being given to me. :hump

Instructions for the conversion are located here.
http://forums.omegaquest.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=42 You have to sign up to see pics

The good news. To the rider is sounds LOUD!!! Very Nice, very throaty under trottle high pitch just reving, so dont sit in your driveway revving it like a squid. but listening why friend rode the bike around its wasnt loud enough to have the cops on your tail. sounded just like my friends cbr1000 with his new 2 brothers.

Now the bad news. it killed my high end. this is due to the fuel leaning out in the higher RPMs. where i can normally cruise under 8-9k at 100-110mph im sitting at 10k to reach 100 and it doesnt feel comfortable there. So yea i will have to get a A/F PCM now :poke but its all good. All in all. Not bad $40 shipped New Titanium Exhuast that would cost $600+ from aftermarket.

Before

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
Hey, nice pipe! JK- looks great!

·
08 R6 SuperStreet
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know looks familiar doesnt it cosmo HAHA

Yea thats fossil ridge i live a street over from there

·
Registered
127 Posts
i dont want to steal anyones thread here but me and my buddy have 2 shorty stock exhaust that we are willing to part with for good prices so PM me and tell me if anyone needs one

·
Registered
26 Posts
what are you going to do with your original stock pipe now?

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Very nice.
I love the look of this. Doesn't your can hit down before your hero-blobs, though?(The angles in the pics i see make it look the the can might stick out slightly proud of the blobs at full lean)
I have always felt that motorcycle design moves forward in many areas, but the end can always gets popped on as an afterthought...
It's ONE area i always felt my 03 R6 looked rubbish, with that gigantic standard can hanging off the right rear end...
This has made me appreciate the design once again(I always loved the bike, but hated the can!).
I would LOVE to see someone pop this system on an 05...
Bar.

·
PhotoChopper
2,369 Posts
Very nice.
I love the look of this. Doesn't your can hit down before your hero-blobs, though?(The angles in the pics i see make it look the the can might stick out slightly proud of the blobs at full lean)
I have always felt that motorcycle design moves forward in many areas, but the end can always gets popped on as an afterthought...
It's ONE area i always felt my 03 R6 looked rubbish, with that gigantic standard can hanging off the right rear end...
This has made me appreciate the design once again(I always loved the bike, but hated the can!).
I would LOVE to see someone pop this system on an 05...
Bar.
How loud?
Suprisingly, it is as nearly quite as your standard exhaust!. :yuk: :lmao

1 - 14 of 14 Posts