Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Awesome, thanks for posting, I heard mixed things about it containing a second cat, and some said it didn't. So it is in deed a 2nd cat and a muffler.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Do you mind if I use your pictures in my FAQ?

Reposting pictures here, as the originals are dead links now. Pretty certain these are @livetoride33 's original photos, as I saved them from somewhere, so credit belongs to livetoride33 I believe.

·
Dont be so picky. I wasnt
524 Posts
Wow thanks for the post. That's interesting!!

Sent from my R6 app!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohio...go for it. I also drilled out the cats in the header...those came out easy with a hammer drill.

The muffler box doesnt have any baffles or anything in it...which I thought was interesting. The cat is pretty large in there though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The way the stock muffler/cat works also has me thinking about a new design for a mid pipe.

As you can see the primaries extend 8" or so into the muffler.

When we chop these off for a mid pipe, I cant help but think that contributes to a loss in torque.

On my FZ1, the yosh full system I put on increased the length of the primaries which made a HUGE difference in the midrange.

I am going to attempt to make a longer mid pipe which doubles back on itself, like the flow of the stock muffler. Hell, I might even gut the cat in the stock muffler, add some tubing, and use that.

The stock design CAN'T be for a cat alone. If that were true, it would have been a large cat straight through, like most other bikes I have seen.

I'm not really interested in losing weight so much as maintaining what little low end this bike has (especially compared to my FZ).

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,858 Posts
Thats pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

·
iRun
33,318 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
The muffler box doesnt have any baffles or anything in it...which I thought was interesting. The cat is pretty large in there though.
That's not exhaust packing underneath the perforated metal?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,117 Posts
No more cut open pics?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts