Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lowsided about a month ago and smashed my canister up pretty good. It's still in working condition and sounds just fine.

So today I just replaced it with my buddies stock 07 R6 canister cause he bought an aftermarket one.

So I take the old one off and put the new one on and now I'm getting 4-5 pops/backfires when I start the bike up...What's with that? It's only on startup too.

Do the 02 Sensor cables need to be adjusted on the canister? The top one feels loose and the bottom is tight and the blow-off valve in the canister is at a slight angle. How accurate do the screw/nuts have to be? I took a pic, please any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,532 Posts
I lowsided about a month ago and smashed my canister up pretty good. It's still in working condition and sounds just fine.

So today I just replaced it with my buddies stock 07 R6 canister cause he bought an aftermarket one.

So I take the old one off and put the new one on and now I'm getting 4-5 pops/backfires when I start the bike up...What's with that? It's only on startup too.

Do the 02 Sensor cables need to be adjusted on the canister? The top one feels loose and the bottom is tight and the blow-off valve in the canister is at a slight angle. How accurate do the screw/nuts have to be? I took a pic, please any help would be appreciated.

We have blow off valves!? :eek5

So it's only when you start up huh? If it doesn't do it on decel you shouldn't have too much to worry about then...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.