Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ride it like you stole it
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is stock sprocket size? How many teeth? Anyone have recommendations on what kind to buy?

·
Registered
71 Posts
On yours its 16 / 48. if you look on motomummy.com on the lower left hand corner you will see it. i did the work for you cuz im bored at work.

hope this helps!

·
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks!!

Any ideas what the difference is on the chains where it says 520 or 530? I'm looking to keep it stock.

·
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know the difference on the chains where it says 520 or 530? I'm looking to keep it stock.

·
Registered
917 Posts
the 520 and 530 numbers represent the pitch of the sprockets. Think of it this way a 530 chain is thicker than a 520 chain. So if you were to go with a 520 chain and sprockets then you would have a thinner set up than someone running a 530. Running a 520 reduces the weight of ur chain and sprockets by about 1 pound but that can be pretty significant when you reduce the weight of the moving parts of your bike. Going with a 520 should increase throttle response and if you decided to change you teeth of the sprockets it will give you more accleration or top end whichever you prefer

·
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the pitch of a stock chain?

·
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts