Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stolen on Sunday May 17th, 2020 in the middle of the pandemic out of Estancia Apartments in Santa Clara, CA
A 2004 Yamaha R6 with the motogp 2007 Fiat Blue & White full fairings (cracked/street rash both sides)
Carbon fiber arrow brothers exhaust
ASV levers
White & Black Seat
Black Windshield
Odometer reads 63,000 mi +
Dunlop Q3 Tires
License Plate Reads - 19Y9191
Vin starts with - JYAR, ends in 3548
White rear wheel

Got laid off at the start of the pandemic, had a baby, then my bike stolen within a couple of weeks. View attachment 374772

Please contact if you've seen it! I built this bike up from nothing, and it's been with me for a decade of my life.

·
Super Moderator
113 Posts
Storage unit? Cover? Lock? Alarm? All it takes is 2 guys and a truck or van. So I'm guessing you did nothing to be proactive. Did you at least hang a sign on it saying steal me?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
689 Posts
I hang a sign on mine that reads

"take your pick:
.45 hollow points
.45 wadcutters
Quantity: minimum 16 rounds"

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,397 Posts
What do you have that holds at least 15+1.of .45? FN-FNX? STI/SVI? My compliments on ypur good taste in sidearms either way! (y)

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
689 Posts
1911 with pro mag extended.. been almost a year and she is still right where I leave her!

Reactions: XRayHound

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Though he may have gotten lax in the security, the fact that he's had it for a decade, presumably all in Cali (63k on it), implies that he knew to exercise some security.

Regardless, knowing the circumstances under which it was stolen, helps us all to take better precautions. So I'm curious myself.

We had one guy post up a "wanted" thread, and after questioning it became clear that they broke into the man's garage and walked off with the bike while he was away. So lock up your sh*t, even if it's sitting in your home's attached (or detatched) garage.

While it ain't worth risking one's freedom and livlihood, or life to steal a bike, nobody ever said a criminal had to be smart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts