Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 r6 and my it was stolen last June right out of my parking lot, now here comes the kicker the cops recovered it over a year ago and now just got back handing it over cause they say somehow paper work got lost or something I don’t know, I am just happy to have it back.

Here is where I need the help
The ignition was all broken out so I ordered a new one and it should be here by the end of the week, but when I was checking fuses the main 50 amp fuse was blown and when I pulled it out they had ran a jumper between it. So I was wondering if that being done could my ecu be fried or something else.

Also since the bike sat for over a year what precautions should I take and what parts need to be replaced. I siphoned the gas out of it and I am going to replace the oil.

Just looking for some pointers and suggestion anything will be helpful

Thanks
Sean

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dang! I'm glad you got it back. Mine was stolen this last Saturday out of my parking lot at my apartment complex. Nothing has been stolen from there in 6 years!!! Anyway, glad to see you got it back man. Thank God for full coverage insurance!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'd say put new fuses in, drain and fill the tank with new petrol, oil and filter, check tires for dry rot, clean chain and re-wax it, then before you fire her up bump the ign. to make sure the motor will spin if it does. give her a full crank.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a city south of knoxville but the police have had it for a while they said they lost the paper work and didnt have time to contact me I wasnt very happy

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
back after a year? holy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts