Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha R6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my '09 R6 stolen out of Northeast Indiana on 8/31/21, specifically Fort Wayne. Just trying to cover as much area as I can in hopes of it being recovered.
License Plate T984H
15k miles on the odometer

It's vivid Orange, the windscreen is sticker bombed, has a shorty pipe exhaust, and there is curb rash on the right side. It's quite noticeable and any help or leads to it being found or recovered would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I'm in SouthWest Ohio and had lived in Westfield and Indianapolis for several years. Hope you're able to recover it.

What was the circumstances of its theft? There are often things we can learn from each other when those details are also shared.

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha R6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in SouthWest Ohio and had lived in Westfield and Indianapolis for several years. Hope you're able to recover it.

What was the circumstances of its theft? There are often things we can learn from each other when those details are also shared.
There's been a alot motorcycle thefts going on in my area and they probably brought a trailer and lifted the bike and threw it on there. Invest into a tracking system for your motorcycle in case of an event like this.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
They know to look for those as well as use lined trailers. Have to use a layered approach; location being the most important factor. Sounds like it was in a position to allow them to simply force the ignition and walk/ride off; which is supposedly the most common method. Doesn't matter what security we have on the bike, there are some places we "just" avoid parking. Avoid parking garages, apartments and mall lots. That's one reason why you see a lot of videos posted with people storing their sport bikes inside their apartments.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,406 Posts
What if my 2 year old r6 isn't house broken yet?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
That might only serve as a deterrent if it barks and proceeds to piss on the boots of the would be thieves. 😄

Unless it's a shaft seal, that's typically easy to fix.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well in that case, why lock it up at all... just leave the key in it and park it on the sidewalk outside a university. 🙄
Statistically speaking motorcycles are 3 times more likely to be stolen then any other motor vehicle. Thus, it's not about when, or how. If someone wants it, they will get it. So if you want to be a smart ass that's fine, but if you do not have full coverage insurance
that covers theft on your motorcycle, I'm sorry, but you're a dimwit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you pay for full coverage, you're a dimwit. Like with most forms of insurance, they use an algorithm to determine how much money to milk you for to stay whole in the event of a theft. Ask how much the coverage costs, open an account named motorcycle theft with the bank and deposit that amount each month.

Insurance companies never lose. They also aren't going to pay you enough to buy your bike again. They will pay as little as legally possible.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
... if you want to be a smart ass that's fine, but if you do not have full coverage insurance
that covers theft on your motorcycle, I'm sorry, but you're a dimwit.
Wait, I am being the "smart ass* when you're the one that posted a "dimwitted" comment out of the blue?
WOW, talking out your ass about what you obviously don't know.
Insurance isn't designed to make you whole. It is designed to cut your losses. If you had any significant amount of life experience, you wouldn't be the only one here that didn't already know that.

Insurance companies didn't become one of the wealthiest of industries in the United States by being stupid enough to have people like you consistently profit on giving away your motorcycle. By the way, don't get caught committing insurance fraud. There aren't many other crimes with stiffer penalties. One division of one company took in $4,000,000,000 in just two months. One company. One division. Two months. $4,000,000,000. They write the laws by proxy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts